Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mark is so right with this piece, in particular with his comments about articles on FM.It certainly should not be left up to a few 'regular' contributors to keep on submitting pieces week in and week out.

The new editor's job should be just that, editing content for the website. That means choosing which pieces to put in from a <u>selection</u> of contributions sent in by the members.

I would far rather my ramblings be deferred frombeing foisted on you due to pressure of space, than you having to read them because the editor has nothing else to fill the gaps.

If nothing else, Mark's article should hopefully prick the conscience of those who have had a free ride off FM in the past, to give something back in order to guarantee interest in the sitefor the future
    Still not sure what's going on

I've written an article recently, its more of a reflections than anything technical about fishing.

How does one go about submitting to someone who can read it and tell me if I'm wasting my time and everyone elses, or not!?

Simon

There used to be a link on here but I can't see it.

try emailing to either editor@fishingmagic.com or graham@fishingmagic.com

Thanks Mark, I found a link to submit the article through the site, but it doesn't appear to work at present, so I will e-mail it to graham

Simon

You have pm
    Still not sure what's going on

When Graham sees this perhaps he will advise the best way to submit an article at present.

Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
    Blog Entries

I both agree and to some extent disagree.

I agree that more people should submit stuff for the site and I think that quite often people don't through laziness (me) or because they don't think anyone wants to read what they might have to say (not me, I'm too interesting... ahem).

I can assure people that if I can get an article or two accepted then they can too.

The other side of the coin is that a lot of people don't enjoy writing, and to them fishing is an enjoyable pastime or hobby. They don't want to turn their relaxation time into an unpleasant experience which is absolutely fair enough.

It's horses for courses but I am sure that if a few more people opened their word processing software whilst sufing the internet they'd find it a lot easier than they might think.

By the way, if you haven't got Microsoft Office (because it's so bl@@dy expensive) you can getOpen Office (which is exactly the same, more or less) for free!
    I believe in reintarnation - I'll come back to life as a hillbilly.

8. Default

Well said Mark, you are of course 100% correct, those of us who have made use of FM for free over the years should contribute to it more.

Your float comparison says it all for me, true cost &pound;30, given freely as a gift.....priceless!

The angling world is now bursting with &quot;anglers&quot; who just want to be &quot;famous&quot;........you can see them everywhere, they have lost that real meaning of fishing, to share and pass on what they were given......given freely.

I promise to try and do my bit..........i doubt it will be priceless, but it wil be free lol

Wolfman Woody Guest

&quot;This article is being written to a short time limit of an hour so it's not a long job but more a matter of focus and determination.&quot;

So, what did you do for the remaining 45 minutes?

[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

The principle of users writing articles is a sound one, they can be both interesting and cover a wide range of angling but that isn't to say that all users are capable of producing an article that is of interest to other anglers. Fishingmagic is well read partly because of the quality of its articles and to flood the site with dull, meaningless articles that are of no interest to anyone would serve only to make the site itself less appealing.

Some people write well and with the help of Graham's editing produce great articlesbut I for one wouldn't be capable of that because I don't feel that although I have many years of experience in angling there is anything of great interest in my life that others would want to share. I don't know this for sure but I wouldn't mind betting there are many regulars on here that feel the same.

Quality not quantity is what makes for a good fishing site.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast