Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I have been lucky enough to be able to get out every weekend since Christmas, sat on the bank, mostly blanking [img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

The weather didn't stop me from fishing so why should there be any change to the seasons close?

Funny how Matt Hayes has a shout on this, doesn't he have a vested interest being able to sell more kit through Fishtec?

I'm with those that believe that it has to be full closure across the board or fully open.
    The most important bit of kit never to forget - a disgorger.

Blog Entries

"The claim is that because of the recession and poor river conditions since Christmas that the season should be extended until April 14th."

I didn't realise that the recession would have any affect on the spawning of our river fish.

What nonsense.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Peter Waller Guest

It's just AT, once again, showing that it really isn't an angling publication in the true sense of the word. Doubtless those calling for the demise, or reduction of the close season are AT columnists and / or involved in the trade. Matt Heyes and TFG for example? AT calling for the demise of the close season is as predictable as New Year following on from Christmas, and Norwich heading into the second devision.

Peter Waller Guest

In the meantime if any one wishes to fish during the close season then they can head on down to their local commercial mud hole, trout fishery, canal or seashore.

Thank You Peter that was simply and superbly put

I'd prefer to see a blanket closed season, can't see it coming back sadly.

Current situation is ridiculous though. If they are not going to shut all waters, then they should allow all to open - at the owners/clubs discretion.
    PaSC

Wolfman Woody Guest

I think the rivers season should be put back .......

to June 14th <u>EVERY YEAR</u>, but leave the opening date as is on June 16th!

Best idea yet!

[img]/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]

Blog Entries

Jeff notes:

&quot;Best idea yet!&quot;

Well, maybe, but only if you want to hand the equivalent of W.M.D's to the anti-fishing brigade!

You can then also kiss goodbye to any and every river that we 'share' with theGame Anglers, because you will never get on those again.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) Guest

For the sake of sanity, the close season should be left as it is and a decision to change it should not be taken by a group who have short term financial interests.

I certainly think that the river close season for coarse species should, on selected watersbe changed to 1st May to15th July.

Dave Slater Guest

I agree with most of the posts. What on earth does the recession have to do with the close season? The idea of the close season is to give things a rest, and is right in my opinion. If it was abolished or shortened and some people had more time to fish because of the recession the increased pressure would be detrimental to our fishing in the long run. If the idea was put forward by big name people perhaps they would like to be famous for an extra month. I have been lucky enough to reduce my hours from 1st February which enables me to fish more in the evenings. Unfortunately the snow came as soon as my hours were reduced which made things very difficult so, from a purely selfish point of view, the extra month would be useful. However, as I am more interested in the long term future of our sport, I think things should be left as they are.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast