Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

The claim is that because of the recession and poor river conditions since Christmas that the season should be extended until April 14th. Matt Hayes and John Williams (BAA) support this.

My own experience has been that I've not been prevented from fishing a single weekend since Chistmas despite two mammoth floods, and snow and ice. The tackle shops are quiet though, but I saw a few more anglers out last weekend. Personally I've got too much to do for the next three months to have much time for a lot of fishing though it might be interesting to see what the fishing is like in late March/April assuming anywhere actually opened.

What do you think?

What about June 16th?

Would that be changed to July 16th?

Okay, so we've had a cold winter. Did the close season start early during and after warm winters? <u>NO.</u>

If it is changed this year, then every other year may have to be changed to suit weather conditions. Who is to decide and make the decision to change that start and possibly end of the close season?

No it would stay at 16th June. At present the EA would find it hard to change due to the current law so don't get too excited, it is unlikely to actually happen.

I don't think they should change the dates. some years are bad you have to live with it .

or a reduced price licence the following season. [img]/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif[/img]

Mark you have kicked it off early,why do Mr Hayes and Mr Williams want it changed?

Because of a bad winter? That's a bit selfish aint it?

As most members know I am totally in favour of the closed season, I would also be in favour of educated fishery owners having a flexible closed season based on the spawning activities of the fish. But could their educated knowledge be trusted? Backsides on the bank equals dosh!!!

To knock a month off the closed season because of a poor winter would be &quot;the start of the end&quot; of the closed season!

You have a closed season on all waters for 3 months, or nothing at all on all water's. If it had been kept as it was, we wouldn't have this debate year in year out.

Nothing new ever comes up, and why should we keep the season going because of the snow etc, just close all waters on march 14th, still waters as well. This is the one thing the EA needs to sort out, and sort it this year, it's a joke.

Blog Entries

it's either all open all year round or bring back the close season.

I don't think they can justify extending the season because of the winter we have had that is a nonsense, we should expect bad weather in the winter that is what winter is all about. Having no closed season at all then yes bring it on - and quickly won't be quick enough.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast