How good has your season been

chub angler

Reaction score
A 7lb 0oz chub and im after a 8lber the photo shows exactly where it came from so I cant post it sorry club record is 8lb 4oz now and I know where it was caught from. and they have had 2 8lbers from Ross

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Day Breamer wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I cant help thinking my tactics, bait, location, basically everything was just not good enough... i think improvements must be made before my goals can be achieved.</blockquote>
That seemed to be my problem this year , just couldn`t get it right, and the piking was a complete wash out , still another season soon , thank goodness ./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Rickrod

Reaction score
well done mate and good look with the 8

Nathan

Reaction score
I caught myself a new PB Common Carp from my local canal after a successful pre-baiting campaign. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

But the best moment for me this year has to be taking my girlfriend fishing to a small water where she caught a 19 1/2lb carp on a float! Seeing her face when she realised what she'd accomplished made my year, although she's still winding me up about it even now! The fact it was abig fish, caught on a float makes it even more special in my eyes - well done babe

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have wanted to catch a Grayling for years, but none of the local waters hold them. I went for a trip to the river Test and had a few last month.

I had a nice River Tench just under 7lb from the river Beult. I also had some carp on the float and some good bags of Roach from a local park lake.

Didn't get out as often as I would have liked thoughand hope to do better this year.

chub angler

Reaction score
Well done Ray I hope you get more time on the bank this year Nathan Marie's best chub came from my swim when I went to have a pi*s catching a fish from a unfished swim seems even more of an achievement.

Nathan

Reaction score
Ahhh but what i failed to mention was that the spot it was caught from was a small gap in between two bushes without enough room to actually raise your rod properly to control the fish. It took her a long old while to finally get it in but i was very proud.

We're off fishing together again soon - hopefully she wont show me up again! She has this awful skill of always catching my most loved fish - tench - without eventrying while im sat there behind a motionless float.

Rickrod

Reaction score
This year i would like to up my eel pb. At the moment its only 2lb 8oz so anything over this would be good but 3lb plus is my target.

chub angler

Reaction score
Its female pheromones. good luck on your next outing I hope you both catch.Get her to mix the ground bait.

Nathan

Reaction score
I hadn't thought of that!!

Good luck to everyone this year - i hope you all have an enjoyable 2009 & catch that special fish you're after.

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Thats a good fish chub angler! Thats what ill be aiming for next season hehe

you could always chop the surroundings out of the picture so the location is unrecognisable using MS Paint and post it, wouldnt be quite the same but we could still see chub angler + chub this way /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Karwash

Reaction score
First season for me, started piking in september. Had a great time piking mainly on rivers, got my PB of 13lb 4oz last week in the most unlikely conditions. looking forward to still waters in the closed season and trying some other species on the rivers later in the year.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Been a funny old year for me.For personal reasons I've not been able to fish that often but when I have got out I've caught absolutely shedloads of fish and had some truly memorable days....no real specimens but some clonking fish none the less.

Most importantly I've fished a lot of new waters and enjoyed every single minute of it .

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
In a Word SH*T.

I had a great day at Blenheim Palace, with Uncle Dave, oh and Spider as well, (nearly forgot him).

Gold Valley fish in was a great day, saw some old friends and met new ones, (I think).

As for the rest of the season, I can't say it's been great, but at least FM has kept me going.

Enjoy the rest of the season everybody

broomy

Reaction score
A good season a PB barble from the Tees of 11lbs 12 oz and a PB chub from the Swale just before Christmas pity I forgot the scales so not sure of the weight, but a good six . Got out at lot and at the right times, managed eight barble in two hours from the Tees in a big flood during August. may not seem a lot compared with further south but epic for the Tees. Very poor results for the chub fishing managed four last Wednesday and thats the most I have had at one go all season. Lost a huge and I mean huge perch at low Dinsdale that grabbed hold of a small Dace caught stick float fishing. The thing held on right up to the net. Went back that evening with the spinning rod but no sign of monster perch.

chub angler

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Broomy Ive had the same with the scales mate its sods law same if you havent got a camera. I had a barbel no idea how heavy im no good at judgeing them by eye.
Bramble.jpg

chub angler

Reaction score
it looks like a bit of a mixed bag I hope next season is better and roll on june.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I had a brilliant couple of days on The Thames. Really enjoyable, as it is every year.

Got more proficent with lure fishing.

Had a reasonable amount of double figure canal carp.

But the tale end has been horribly slow when I have been out, which hasn't been that often.

chub angler

Reaction score
Christian where bouts on the Thames. Canal doubles I bet they scrap like f I dont fish the canals