How good has your season been

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My season so far has being really good, and I,m hoping thatthe next few months will be even better.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My lip's are sealed my friend /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif. Hopping to soon though.

Yacko

Reaction score
My season has been *rap, not saying I didn't enjoy being out on the bank but not much to show for it. I'm really talking about the winter fishing, work also too busy to get out enough.

Going back to Cakeys post near the begining- hope the dog was alright.

chub angler

Reaction score
Yacko the way I fished today I should of stayed at home 2 swims chub 5 me 0 /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Very enjoyable for me, had a few excellent trips with some FM mates (superb curry and beer in Worcester for example).

Managed a few big Chub and pushed the pb up a few times. Finally upped my Barbel pb and so pleased it came from the Stour. Failed miserably with Roach but didn't really target them consistently. Even had a trip out on a boat in the English Channel plus a night on a beach after Smoothhounds (also failed!). Nabbed some Rainbows on the fly last weekend (first time for about 25 years!).

Fishings been good!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

chub angler

Reaction score
Cheers Monster Neil a bit of a mixed bag maybee next seasons theone for roach good luck.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nohohoho! (chuckling)

Don't get "Golden Balls" on the roach..................please!

/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Got Friday and Saturday to go, so who knows! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Soon be time for Crucians Steve!/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Reaction score
This season has been my best ever having broke 4 p.b's for 4 different species.
My main targets for the year were to bag a good tench from my local river(The Witham) on the float using the lift.I managed this in july with afish of 6lb 8oz. (new P.B)That absolutely made my summer!
My other targets were to bag my first river carp which i also managed with a P.B of 14lb 4oz and also to finally get my first Barbel which i got about 2 weeks before the end of the season.
I also managed to catch new P.B chub of 5lb and a P.B pike of 12lb
All in all i had a great season but i think what really made it special for me wasthat i put in alot of hours on the bank this year with alot of hard work and i really reaped the rewards for it.When you have some success it really helps to get you through the blank days and there were still plenty of those but im so obsessed with my fishing now i just love to be out whatever the weather and whatever i catch.
Roll on the 16th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bad one

Reaction score
My seasons beenOK but could have been better

Tench was a little disappointing, most fishbeing in the 7 lb bracket,2 over 8, 8.9 being the best. Lost a fish at the net that dwarfed my PB of 10 lb

Bream was a disaster, only had 4 fish last summer,all on the low side of doubles, 10 12 being the best.

BarbelOk, half a dozen doubles, best going 11 3/4

Chub much better, 4 over 6lb with a PB of 6 6, and averaging 1.291 5lb + fish a week since October. 31 5lbfish in total.

LongMan

Reaction score
I cant complain, had never caught even a Chublet until October, through the winter I had 24 Chub the average being about 4.5lb with a best of 5.2lb.

Best of all my fishing has been transformed from busy still water dourness to exciting small river fishing with solitude if that makes any sence.

Cant wait to be on the river in summer, fish spotting, feature finding etc.

Will fish a pit or 2 for Tench in the closed season but this river fishing is a different world, I cant believe the banks are empty, immaculate fish, no damaged mouths and worn banks ahhhh a little slice of heaven./forum/smilies/sleepy_smiley.gif

Here are my two favourite pictures of the winter, nothing grounbreaking or record shaking but thats not why I fish............................/members/images/55163/Gallery/4.3.jpg
4.3 on cheesepaste only fish of the day
sunset.jpg

Sunset on same day

Scott

chub angler

Reaction score
you've got the right idea Scottyou have to fish for what makes you happy.A 5.2 chub is a nice fish good luck for your Tench fishing maybe you will get a P.B. Tench. I was hoping to do some Carping but I cant go yet because I cant fish one handed . Hopefully my hand will be better in a couple of weeks. and I will be able to go.

LongMan

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>chub angler wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

you've got the right idea Scottyou have to fish for what makes you happy.A 5.2 chub is a nice fish good luck for your Tench fishing maybe you will get a P.B. Tench. I was hoping to do some Carping but I cant go yet because I cant fish one handed . Hopefully my hand will be better in a couple of weeks. and I will be able to go.</blockquote>

Get out and about mate, you can still go carp spotting and prebaiting one handed.

More time spent doing this stuff = more fish on the bank when you get fixed up and go fishing.

I plan to do more spotting and feeding, it really does maximize fishing time when you go.

Scott.