Robson Green Last Night

chub angler

Reaction score
why cant we have proper fishing on TV where they don't kill nearly all the fish nearly every time you see someone on the bank who doesn't fish they ask if you keep the fish.

Pete Marshall

Reaction score
Here here Harry and well said that man, despite your obvious geographic and commercial fishing confusion confusion./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif As well as it not being the North West it wasn't a trawler...but having photographed commercial fishing in the North Sea in what they told me was "good conditions" I certainly wouldn't want to be out there in bad!/forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif

M

MCMILLIGAN

The blokes living in a bubble, he introduces the show with swearing and he shows fishing of remote parts of the world which hardly anyone will ever fish, i think he needs to come back to the uk and start fishing here to show you what its abou because only the remote few will ever get to do what he is doing

davestocker

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know whether Channel 5 had received any complaints from the public in relation to to any supposed cruelty witnessed on the show.

Let's not forget RG has won 8 hours of primtime TV for this second series. Quite an achievement, IMO.

F

Fred Bonney

While I may agree with what Harry say's, this is not *******Bait Box.

Mr Moderator please!!!!

harry hayward

Reaction score
i must apologise to all those of a sensitive nature as to my profanities. but i still stand by my statement on match fishing. reading reports of anglers having upto five keepnets at a time, and being disappointed at not catching 2 or 3 hundred pounds of fish, really makes my blood boil. i live in cornwall where one of my local commercial fisheries has just stocked thousands of barbel in a match lake of approx 2 acres in size. BARBEL!!!!!! oh and some chub. thisto me beggars belief, they are predominantly river fish arent they?

this is where, i think the antis will try and get to our pastime.

NIGE K

Reaction score
i wrote to ofcom about all the gratuitousswearing they sent a letter back saying they could not uphold the complaint as a warning was given before the programme and it was after nine oclock. i personally think he went way over the top with the swearing and the way the fish were treatedand i wont watch it again.

Reaction score
I think there's a lot of point missing here.

The program is called 'Extreme Fishing', which is entirely accurate: the taking of fish by extreme methods or under extreme conditions.

It is a mainstream entertainment program designed to be shown past the watershed, so swearing can be kept in.

Robson Green was chosen because the general public would recognise him and his over the top presentation style would appeal to the public (subtlety very rarely sells television programmes).

The only reason any program of this nature will get made is because of the revenue it attracts by advertising revenue due to the number of viewers. It therefore has to appeal ot as many people as possible and not cater for a narrow band of 'anglers' or indeed, 'PETA supporters'.

When I saw the pike spearing on Monday night I immediately turned to my girlfriend and said 'that'll have the forums rowing before midnight'.

I'm afraid I might be in a majority of anglers, but I quite enjoy the program, I will probably watch most of the series. And if ever the next ice age comes, I know how to catch pike! Entertained and educated - bonus!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>It's HUNTING not angling</blockquote>
Matt: What is angling ?.

davestocker

Reaction score
I'm with Paraman. I've enjoyed the series so far, will probably watch it all, and as I've said before on these forums on this subject, I think it makes fishing look like it's fun and that can't be a bad thing.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thought the program was excellentlast nighthe is a lucky guy getting to travel the world fishing,and as for the pike spearingI don,ta problem with it as the fish is for the table and that is how it is done there,remember they are in the wilderness and dont have a tesco just down the road.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>It's HUNTING not angling</blockquote>
Matt: What is angling ?.</blockquote>

Stalking a fish and spearing it (killing it) is hunting.

The art ANGLING is catching a fish using rod and line - and in my case, returning it to the water with as little harm as possible (I won't say unharmed because I hooked it and caused it some stress while playing it).

How many HUNTERS stalk a deer and then just look at it and leave it alone? HUNTING involves KILLING in my book.

I'm not being precious, angling is a form of hunting, let's get that clear. Angling is an art or using rod and line techniques to catch (not kill) a fish. Anyone can kill a fish, but it takes an angler tocatch one with rod and line.

I used to do Ju Jitsu, it's a martial art. I could have maimed or killed someone on the mat every week - but being realistic, I just practiced the art.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I'll bet there's some rod manufactuerer somewhere withg a shed full of "Robson Green" signaturerods and some17 years old carfully sandpapering "Robson Green" of the rod. Look out for some cheap rods in the shops soon "Slight sandpaper" damamged.

Also there might be a few garden centres stocking garten folks with a bit of snadpaper wear on them.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Try here DISCLAIMER: /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.</blockquote>
We're not in BAITBOX lad.