Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Did anyone see Robson Green on Chanel 5 last night killing Pike with a pitch fork?

Iunderstand thats how they live in Alaska but to me thats not entertainment.

whats your view?

It should be called Extreme Fisting because that's what he needs.

According to Channel 5, viewing figures of over a million, take away the anglers watching it, there'll still be a considerable number of 'ill-informed' viewers who will think the sort of treatment he's giving to fish is the norm......
    Some people are so poor, that all they have is money

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) Guest

I tend to think that this man was put there by Peta.

I would not call it fishing most of what he did was survival fishing not extreme. Why was all the swearing kept in as well.

Only watched one episode in the first series, as that was enough. But decided to watch it again last night - the places he went to and some of the local hunting/angling techniques shown were quite interesting, but i was on the verge of throwing things at the TV by the end of it, Robson was that irritating. The swearing was totally unnecessary, and as for all that 'high 5' stuff with the Americans who took him fishing, even they looked embarrassed!

I agree with Bryan with regards it being survival fishing, and for that sort of stuff I'd watch Ray Mears instead any day.

I saw the pike 'fishing' whilst flicking through the channels - i thought i'd give it a chance and then saw him using a huge trident type device to spear & kill pike. I can understand people killing fish for food but he had about 8 pike lined up in the snow & was talking about the good 'sport' he'd just had. To my mind he's not an angler, people that fish care about their quarry and show them the respect they deserve.
    ---------<*))))><

It's HUNTING not angling
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Also, did anyone else pick up on what the other guy said? &quot;There's no fish left in the area because the pike have eaten them all - there's now only pike eating pike.&quot;

Isn't this an ancient way of thinking? Pike eat the sick/weak fish - if they ate absolutely everything is sight surely we'd all be fishing waters containing only pike?
    ---------<*))))><

Did they have to show the salmon been clonked over the head

Whilst Robson Green's camp luvieness gets on my nerves I cannot see anything wrong in showing how fish are caught and killed. Do you want it all hidden away from your oh so delicate sensibilities?

As pike are cold blooded animals spearing them causes no more distress than hooking them...they still need to be finally dispatched by a swift blow to the brain. My objection would be to them not showing the fish actually being killed, which could lead me to surmise that they actually left the pike to &quot;drown&quot;; and that is wrong.

As far as them catching loads of these fish...if they don't what do they eat, nip down to Teso's and buy chickens breed thousands together in cages the size of a shoe box? It is hardly worth a trip out in a plane to a frozen lake just for one fish. This feeds the whole community.

Angling is a form of hunting, even catch and release.

To my mind catching and killing a wild fish in wild surroundings, killing it and cooking it is much more moral than fishing for captive fish, breed to be caught in a pond, even if you release them a hundred times. I don't fish commercials for this reson, in the same way I don't agree with dog fighting but do support hare corsing.

Catch and release is a conservation measure and nothing to do with cruelty or otherwise.

The anti hunting and anti conservations of the League Against Cruel [sic] sports, PETA and every one else like that, will seek to ban angling for the same reasons they banned hunting with dogs. Because they are fundamentally against any relationship between man and nature. They anthropomorphism wildlife and hate freedom. We can defend angling by being good conservationists and not by claiming to be against &quot;cruelty&quot; to bunnies, foxes or fish.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast