Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have been given some flying back leads to use on a lake that has jet skis on it. They are bullet shaped with a concave face, but my question is which way round do they fit on the line. Ive read an article in one of the carp mags and a certain name brand angler has one as part of his set up but it looks the wrong way round to me. Surely the concave face must be facing the hook and bait in order for the wind resistance to push it back up the line closer to the rod tip ?

Help ?

That's right Trev - concave end facing the hook to catch the wind resistance to push it up the line on the cast.

Maybe you are holding the magazine upside down or it may be for catching Australian carp.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Thats how I use them.
    PaSC

Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
    Blog Entries

Same for me.
    I believe in reintarnation - I'll come back to life as a hillbilly.

Suppose the pointed end first would also not come back as far, depends wher you want you back lead to end up, near or far.
    Perch and tench record holder, and ACA member for twenty years, and Treasurer of P.A.S.C.

Thanks chaps I thought I was doing it right.

Concave face forward, plus don't use them on Braid mainline.
    PaSC (failed).
    Officially warranted Weather Jonah.
    £5 ransom by Paypal NOW or I will attend your fish in !

I`ve always gone with the rig marole and korda ones that you slip onto the line once youve cast out, then let it slide down the line to a desired spot

Trev a quick question for you . Do you have L &amp; R on you shoes so you know which foot they go on ?.

God you post some silly questions LOL and I know you what on earth does the great unwashed think !!!! LOL.

And you coach people LOL

Remmember always open the doorbefore you try and come in !.

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ian Gemson wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Trev a quick question for you . Do you have L &amp; R on you shoes so you know which foot they go on ?.

God you post some silly questions LOL and I know you what on earth does the great unwashed think !!!! LOL.

And you coach people LOL

Remmember always open the doorbefore you try and come in !.</blockquote>

Charming. I really hope this is a tongue in cheek jest between close friends.

If not then it's just bloody ignorant.

Even if it is just an overstated jest between friends its in the wrong place. This isn't Baitbox.
    PaSC (failed).
    Officially warranted Weather Jonah.
    £5 ransom by Paypal NOW or I will attend your fish in !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast