Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Saturday 14th March - last day of the river coarse season. It fell on a weekend so no excuses!

I did get out on Friday (and had a near PB Chub) but I slept in on Saturday, convinced myself the crowds would be double that of Friday and the rivers weren't in that good nick anyway, so had another cup of coffee and decided to ....

....... go FLY FISHING!

Surfed the net, found alocal fishery and caught myself some fine rainbows on"buzzers" whatever they are?

It was all Peter Jacobs fault, he started it last weekend!

I love fly fishing Neil, not always safe to talk about it on here - If Rons about be sure you'll be doing somthing wrong.....[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img][img]/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]

What is the bottom fish in the photo, some kind of trout/bream hybrid?
    PaSC

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Maidment wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Saturday 15th March - last day of the river coarse season.
    </blockquote>

On my calender Saturday was March 14th-last day of the coarse season!!![img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Emmo (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Maidment wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Saturday 15th March - last day of the river coarse season.
    </blockquote>

On my calender Saturday was March 14th-last day of the coarse season!!![img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]</blockquote>
    So true! The powers of Admin edit have been applied!

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Mark Hewitt wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I love fly fishing Neil, not always safe to talk about it on here - If Rons about be sure you'll be doing somthing wrong.....[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img][img]/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]

What is the bottom fish in the photo, some kind of trout/bream hybrid?</blockquote>

It's a &quot;I ate all the pies&quot; Rainbow of 5-12. Weird shape but went like a bat out of hell!

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

Looks more like a flounder/rainbow hybrid to me !

Oh my God!!!

Neil what have you done???

You went fly fishing on the last day of the course season????

What is wrong with you man???

Get on the local with Peter and have a go at some of those wild Brownies, not those alien things!

WTF is that &quot;thing&quot; at the bottom??? [img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

Blog Entries

You haven't...................................Gone over completely have you? [img]/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif[/img]
    Fancy a pint?

Well, there was last Sunday... 3 Rainbows (sleet, snow gales - but still enjoyed it). Then yesterday.... quite a few more Rainbows (lost a good Brownie!).

Bought some things called &quot;Nymphs&quot;, thinking about buying an &quot;intermediate, weight forward #6&quot;, maybe another Orvis Battenkill Wide Arbour to put aformentioned on!

But salvation may be at hand.

1st April I can go down on the Stour at Throop and legally fish the fly for trout! Rumour has it, chub and barbel have been known to take a fly!

[img]/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif[/img]

Neil, I am seriously starting to worry about you mate!

You'll be talking about &quot;forward loaded shooting heads&quot; next!!!

Get on that little river with Peter and come to terms with nature, drop a dry fly perfectly on its nose, forget the nymphs, you know that's cheating.............

[img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img][img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]

Sod that, it's too much hard work!

Any ideas for a weekend bivvied up tenching? A warm summer evening, good company and a few fish..................heaven.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast