maxima diameters

Steve E

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>slime monster wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Ps this is all very interesting but to put it inLaymens terms

as far as diameter is concerned its rope.</blockquote>

I`d say it was more like elastic bands.... i`m trying out ultima power steel in 2.6lb/.15mm for light feeder/bomb and waggler fishing .

I dont have a micrometer or anything else to measure it with but it does seem an awfull lot thinner than 3lb Maxima which should be the same.One thing I have noticed is it casts extremely well.

S

Sean Meeghan

Now now corker and Hewitt! Do you want a proper engineer to come and sort you out?

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Sean Meeghan wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Now now corker and Hewitt! Do you want a proper engineer to come and sort you out?</blockquote>
Most of them have passed away now............../forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

A

alan whittington

to philips,i personally do not use maxima(not for 20 years anyway),but measuring the stated diameter and finding it big is commonplace(only few manufacturers and marketersget close),one thing that you will find is that most monofilament lines break well over their stated breaking strains also,which leads me to the point that lines like ultima that are not normal monofilament based would need to be used in heavier b.s. for equivelent usage.going on to your hooklink material if you are using fluorocarbons you would need to experiment with actual b.s. because i have found because of the lack of stretch and the shortness of the trace i can use between 1-2lb heavier than my main line with guaranteed safety,dependant on quality obviously,give it a go gents you will be very surprised

P

Phillips Jerry

I was only responding to the question,I reading some old mags and come across a line test .It all boils down to what your happy with and Maxima is not for me ,as to Flourocarbons I tend to use in a higher breaking strain than normal hooklinks as were told the fish can't see it. It's stiffer and doesn't tangle as much when feeder fishing.

A

alan whittington

its certainly not for me either,but that said its a pretty reliable choice and as good as most,lets be honest most tackle is about personal preference,for most of my fishing i require an abrasion resistant line line to which maxima would fit the bill