Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Can anyone give the diameters of maxima line from say 2lb upto say 6lb or alternatively point me to some where where i can find out.

Thanks

Nicky it says the diameters on the spools hope this helps you

yeah i know but i have a couple of different spools filled with maxima and no longer have the spools, i was tying hook lengths out of hi tec line and was just wondering how the diameters compared with my reel line.

Cheers

OK Nick if no one helps ring the shop in the morning and ask them to read out the diameters.

Nicky have you found out the diameters yet

It took 30 seconds to find it on google.

maxima chameleon line in diameters 2lb-0.12/ 3lb-0.15/ 4lb-0.17/ 5lb-0.20/6lb-0.22 / 8lb-0.25/12lb-0.32 on 100m spools
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

[img]/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif[/img]I didnt think of that Matt

I'm surprised at how many people don't
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Ok

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA) Guest

Years ago I bought a digital micrometer and tested loads of lines. The diameters on the spools were often way out.

Diameter is not really that important except when casting. Suppleness is important as it affects the way your hooklink behaves and how much resistance the fish feels when taking.For example afish will reject a bait on very thin but not very supple wire where it would haveaccepted the same bait presented on a thick but supple braid.

Maxima is quite thick but is very relaible and lasts very well. It is a great reel line if you are repeatedly casting aheavy feeder but for anything else there are better mono lines.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast