where is everybody

C

Colin North, the one and only

I'm here.

What CS? There is no such thing when you participate in all angling disciplines (Sea, coarse, game whatever)

marie marling

Reaction score
i would like to talk about anything that will help me learn how to fish properly to get a record size fish! i have told chub angler I'm gonna get a record one this year/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif.

A

alan whittington

Marie,if you have ambitions like that you can give me some tips/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
Fish the River Dane, there are some huge minnows.

Pleasant afternoon on the Macc canal, a few tiddly roach, a couple of skimmer bream and not one perch (I reckon Elwin's had them all and taken them to the Ladies and Lady Boys of Bangkok - a perch with dorsal fin akimbo is far more of a challenge than a pingpong ball - so Rik tells me!)

Nice to be out, the boaters were really good apart from one idiot who thought accelerating through the swim was the proper way to ensure cooperation with anglers on matters BWB. I hope he understood that was what I implied with my two word comment. lots of interest with families out for a walk....of the "are there fish in the canal" type...but genuine interest...god even the bikers weren't bad. All was right with the world....I was fishing.

Poshers

A

alan whittington

Your single mindedness is admirable,but a record is a target unattainable for the vast majority of us,dont you give up on it though Marie,just dont get heartbroken if it doesnt happen and dont forget the pleasure of being there trying.

Just catching quality fish is my buzz and only occassionally do i get my big fish head on(and thank christ for that,otherwise the funny farm for me i think)/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Your - anyone's - best chance of a record would be Silver Bream.

Listen out for talk of "shoals of hybrids that don't fight as hard as hybrids are supposed to" and "Pomeranians".

And learn to recognise that "baby-face", with the big eyes and tiny snout.

And ask yourself if it's really worth it....

A

alan whittington

Methinks theyve all left this thread marie,its like the Mary Celeste/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Dejavou.

Been fishing today, now of to bed as I worked last night and as yet had no sleep.

P.S., Beware of pensioners out trout fishing, if they are not catching and you are, they'll your dammed flies of you. One for the pot, as they shhhaaay slavering past their false teeth.

Job tomorrow, replenishing the flies.

Good night.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Marie: I think that they have all gone into Hibernation due to the close (d) season /forum/smilies/sleepy_smiley.gif.

marie marling

Reaction score
i,m still here but on my new dsi.trying out the internet part of it,works ok only slightly slower than the pc.otherwise i love it.I won't give up on my goal but i am happy just to go for the scenery even if i don't catch.