Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

is it always this quiet during the closed season?

To quote the lyrics of an old pop song
    "Everyone's gone to the moon"
    (except thee and me obviously)

nice one fred

Just off to drown a few maggots and bother a few 1oz perch on the local cut.

I can also mildly amuse myself by muttering oaths towards narrow boaters(who I actually like - cos they are normally nice and interested at this time of year - its pre-holiday boaters) and those idiots who ride their moutain bikes full pelt along the towpath...but just aren't tough/fit enough to use a mountain bike on a .....mountain...or any slight incline

toodle pip m'dear

Poshers
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

Blog Entries

Still here ,fishing yesterday by permission of the omnipotent one .
    Fancy a pint?

Wolfman Woody Guest

<blockquote class=quoteheader>marie marling wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>is it always this quiet during the closed season?</blockquote>

Close season?

Now funnily enough, we've just had a discussion or ten about that!

[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]

There's that many commercial fisherys open all over the place its never a true close season anymore, i know of 3 waters within 10 minutes of my house that i can fish 365 days a year, and most likely catch a lot of Carp, granted most of them will be deformed but still...

I'm free.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

The close season allows me to do large amounts of research into that &quot;Prince of the Stream&quot;...THE MIGHTY GUDGEON!

Dont forget now! for that full Gudgeon experience, &quot;Derrick Deanos Fishing Guides&quot; are here to help you bank a biggie!

I am also filming a couple of them UNDERWATER in me mams bath, there is a bit of our holidays from Cleethorpes last year at the beginning of the film, but I dont charge extra for that!

alan whittington Guest

Marie, what would you like to chat about,anything but the dreaded C.S.(who said that)[img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast