Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thames fishing

Does anyone know somewhere along the Thames where you can hire a boat for adays fishing, i would be lure fishing so if it has good pike, chuband perch it would be great.

Blog Entries

Joe,

As it is the Close Season on our rivers I'm afraid that until June 16th you won't be able to fish for Pike, Chub and Perch on the River Thames, even with a lure.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

I know that, im just trying to do my reasearch in advanced.

Blog Entries

Joe,

In that case hopefully Jeff Woodhouuse will see this thread as he is the 'oracle' for spinning on the Thames.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

'oracle' thats one of them small welsh boat things isnt it?

Blog Entries

Glad someone spotted it Trev.

Patrick F. McManus

Sorry, i have just read the instructions at the top of the page and i think i have posted this in the wrong thread.

Colin North, the one and only Guest

You can rent huge punts at Georges Boatyard, on the Thames between Kingston and Hampton Court. Afraid I don't know the number. Paddle power but once you get them going its not too bad..

alan whittington Guest

Seems o.k. on here to me me Joe you should get someone with the info spotting it shortly,maybe the title could be slightly misleading but hindsight is a great gift,cheers Alan