rogeddie_mono.jpg

Chris Hancox

Reaction score
i only wish there was a group or club for specimen bream like carp and barble have i have been trying to get my hands on books about specimen bream can anyone help i would be very greatfull if anyone could help me it just seems to be every specimen apart from specimen bream i can find by the way i think graham marsden should write a book about specimen bream i would be first in line to buy it

Morespiders

Reaction score
Chris, I think you will find Mr Marsden has written a few books on his bream exploits with Mr Bibby and Roger Harker.

You never know, you may be unlucky and turn out looking like them/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

That's brought back some memories ....

That's from about 40 odd years ago .... (when I had some hair) -- and an 8 lb bream would made headlines in the angling papers .

We dreamed of catching a double figure bream in those daysnever imagining that one day a ten pound bream would hardly merit a mention ...

Morespiders

Reaction score
Show some respect Corker, Mr Bibby was a leg end in his day, he was one of the first to wear re-entry shields

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"That's from about 40 odd years ago .... (when I had some hair) -- and an 8 lb bream would made headlines in the angling papers . "

Blimey Bibby you looked good at 50 years old!

Serious question, why do bream go "two tones", like the one on the left?

E

What do you mean WAS a leg end --- I still am (maybe for different reasons though ....)

Morespiders

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Serious question, why do bream go "two tones", like the one on the left?</blockquote>
Dont think anybody knows for sure, you get carp also the same hence Two -Tone
<blockquote class=quoteheader>ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>What do you mean WAS a leg end --- I still am (maybe for different reasons though ....)</blockquote>
Yep, your right there Bibby, Its not for putting a full line out either/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

E

Steve,

No-one really knows .... it's just something that happenswith their pigmentation...

People used to say/think it was because they buried themselves in the mud -- but we disproved that when we caught one with the 'two-tone' on only one side of its body ..... and we've had them with the dark side at the back, and some with the dark side at the front ...

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've heard the mud theory too Ed, strange aint it???

Is that a young Tony Rocca on the left? And that bloke on the right looks familiar?

preston96

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Steve Spiller wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I've heard the mud theory too Ed, strange aint it???

Is that a young Tony Rocca on the left? And that bloke on the right looks familiar?</blockquote>

The guy on the left Steve is Roger Harker,a good mate of Ed's who sadly passed away a few years back.

The guy on the right is some scally!