todber manor

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Im visiting Todber Manor in a few weeks time and I dont want the other anglers laughing at me cosI cant catch owt. Anyone got any hints and tips.

So far im taking all of my Catfish and Carp gear, most it is green and it blends in quite well with the bushes althought it isnt top of the range or have a well known name on it. Im taking a selection of boilies and particles and a big bucket of maggots. I was going to fish one rod on the method feeder and use another just normal stylee with a float (remember those).

I will also be taking some barbeque stuff and a few (not many) beers just in case I meet any other people I know.

So guys any help would be appreciated. I would particularly like help from any locals who know what there doing and have been lurking on the site.

Cheers

F

Frothey

you'll never catch anything with tackle that doesn't have the right name on it /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Trev

Regarding tackle you are taking

The site has a shop with some very helpful staff who know the lake inside out and will be able to give you the very best advise on tackle and bait you might need to get a fish or two out of the lake.

F

Frothey

i'd stick to maggots and worms.... little traps.

mind you, on the chariiiiidy event I'm going to fill it in when i get there at 7 on the saturday with 24mm baits. i might even cast out. you can tell if i'm planning on fishing by the breeze block landing in everyone elses swim lol!

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Ive tippex'd my name on my stuff now./forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

mmm Cakey beer: sounds gay....

Im hoping to catch different fish, but its nice knowing the faithfulls will respond to my bait.

Any Localswho fish it all the time got any info ?

C

Cakey

Kati+B+-+beer+cooler.jpg

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Very good lol, but that beer has Buddys name on it not yours. So does he get to have a bowl of amber falling over fluid then.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
This was trevs last fishing trip and he still blanked
1074.jpg

LOLWhen I looked at Trevs rig I told him his hooks were just a bit to big but he would not have it
hand_held_hook_shadow.jpg

Tev with his last catch sorry I cannot remmember the date but I am sure it was pre war some time
noddy2tj3.jpg

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I cant remember the last time I wore trainers lol, but your right Ian I do walk on water I am a fish God they worship me.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Trev you told me that as we stood looking at the fish feasting on your dandruf I did explain that was not a new hair rig LOL.

Remmenber dont use that "Silent night rig" you keep using the only thing it does for you is gives you a good nights sleep.

Nice try big man see you the bankside dont forget to bring the lug worms, peeler crabs and mackeral flappers as discussed.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Trev,

First of all, which lake at todber are you going to fish? Are you talking about the 'james Farrow' Match? In that case you will be fishing Big Hayes the specimen lake....if not, there are about 4 different lakes at Todber.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Any lake is good for info cos I will probably arrive the day before the comp and fish one of the other lakes

I will be in wales on a cat comp the previous week and its not worth travelling all the way back to rugby and then down to todber the next day

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Claudia

Don't confuse poor old trev it all get to much form him just tell him to use luncheon meat on a hook under a float and he will be happy. Oh and make sure you point him towrads Mecca at least fivetimes a day.

Oh No now we can see the plan a bit of sneeky pre baiting going on Tut Tut Trev