Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Frothey Guest

cycling to work this morning down the back road, I came up a lung busting climb, only to find approximately 20 thick lipped mullet dumped in a lay-by.... cant tell you how saddened I was by it. Can't think who to report it to either, for wahtever good it would do.

completely senseless.

Blog Entries

Dave,

Try the EAHotline Line on: 08708 506 506

At least they should do someting about it.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Phillips Jerry Guest

Where was this ? Can't tell you how sickening I find this, it bad enough to be caught and sold but just to be wasted like this is the pits.

Wolfman Woody Guest

Count them again, Dave, far more than 20 there. Could be close on 50.

Sad isn't it.

Doubt that the EA would do anything, more of a sea matter even though they do come into tidal rivers.

Frothey Guest

yeah, i know Jeff - it wasn't till I posted up the photo that I really realised how many.

Thats partly why I haven't phoned the EA - they took action over illegallynetting some salmon out of one of the rivers last year, doubt they will be as interested in the mullet, though they do get right up into the town - about 7 miles in.

Blog Entries

Dave and Jeff,

Currently the EA's jurisdiction extends to 1 mile seaward from a river's mouth, so I would imagine that they should be interested in this act.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Frothey Guest

phoned them, not interested as there wouldn't be any evidence of illegal netting, it's tidal (far morethan a mile from the estuary mouth)and no sign of pollution - i added "and they aren't salmon" and he laughed (and agree'd)

email'ed the local press's fishing correspondance - not that it'll change anything. I dont actually have a problem with people catching and selling them, dumping them as they had presumably fouled the nets is pointless.

OMG that is sickening and extremely ennoying that the EA comes out to investigate over some illegale netting of salmon but not other fish. I mean, what kind of message does that give us...that they only care about certain species of fish? No wonder people loosing faith in the EA.

Ok we might not pay for a sea fishing licence and I can understand that the EA have their limits too but this in not a case of just a couple of mullets and what's good for the geese (salmon) should be good for the gander (other cases like this)

Why are posters miffed about the EA not doing anything, they rarely do anything about anything with the excuse they have more pressing cases.

Sickening isn't it when the main fishery authority never seem interested in fishing matters and even more sickening when they advertise all their imaginary good deeds at every opportunity.

I think that if I were you Dave I would get in touch with your local editor rather than a reporter you might then get a bit of publicity for this insane act of wanton destruction.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

cant you try DEFRA i know they are tagetting netters and the likes everywhere at the moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast