Buying on E-Bay

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Here is a 'classic' e-bay case:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160335058697

The Fox Illuminated Hangerhas a price tag on the picture (and in the shops) of £29.99, and what have some people bid for this?

b.t.w. The seller clearly states that 'you are bidding for ONE'

£36.00 plus another £5.00 for P&P.

There truly is nowt so strange as . . . folk!</blockquote>

That's borderline Peter.

He clearly states in the item title "SWINGERS" = plural. Yes he says this is for one, but I reckon it's wording designed to mislead with 4 in the picture.

I wouldn't put something up like that and were I ebay, I wouldn't put up with something like that. I'd bar him.

I've worked the markets oop norf in my time, mate. I've been a barrow-boy (what you'd call a costermonger) and know quite a few of these tricks. They are decidedly underhanded.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff,

The Swinger(s) eventually went for, wait for it . . . . . . £51.55 Plus £5.00 P&P

That makes £56.55 for an item you can buy in the shops for £29.99 minus any discount you get from your local shop.

I wonder if the successful (sic) bidder is in for a shock when he receives just ONE?

The text is pretty clear, although I would agree that is could be misleading:

"Fox Illuminated Euro Swingers

Brand new, still in orginal packaging, never been open or used.

Blue coloured

RRP £29.99 each. This auction is for one but I have 8 of these available so if you wish to purchase more than one then please contact me.

These are a great bargain!!"

Caveat Emptorhas to be the guiding principle when on e-Bay methinks.

.<!-- End Description -->

tank

Reaction score
yeah thats my point to. if there good bargins then why not use it. we all wanna enjoy the sport an not have to spend hundreds. but the rip off twats shouyld be banned from doing it.