What Are You Going To Fish For?.

D

Dave Slater

I thought I may go chub fishing for a change./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifI should start on the Avon as I must discipline myself not to fish the Stour too much or I may never catch that elusive Avon "seven".

I will also be fishing the Ouse this season, asI haven't been there for a few years, soI may even start there.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Peter Crabtree............Roach fishing on the Thames with hemp(and elderberry later on!)........that takes me back a few years!!Used to fish matches in the late 50's early 60's on the Remenham stretch at Henley among others for roach(and some dace if memory serves)early in the season....'til the damn boats became too bad...and they decided to sheet pile the whole stretch....

Had a spell of fishing from daybreak in June in an attempt to beat the boats for a few hours but then I found fresh crust did the trick for better fish.......very nice memories though...trotting a nice porcupine quill in 6'/8' of water..

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Lure fishing for pike to start off with on the Trent. That's if the old bones stand up to it. If not, a few trips after a big Tench using a float with Ronnie boy. The thoughts of a good sit down are starting to have great appeal.

Max

Reaction score
I'm off for 2 days after some river carp, then off for some Barbel for another 2 days. booked the week off work,good times.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I shall probably end up in such a dither that plans A - Gwill go hopelessly wrong, and I end up scratching to save the blank.

Chub on the Gade or Lea would probably be a sound start; then roach, and keep a pot of worms handy in case of perch, and maybe leger over the feed for a barbel at dusk ... that's four and a half plans already, and that's without considering bream, pike and carp... I need therapy.

chub angler

Reaction score
Good luck you lot. I'm going to take some halibutpellets, luncheon meat and hemp and I can dart to the shop and get some maggots if the barbel arnt playing ball.

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
i shall be off for a nice multispecies day on the riverhead, river freshney, grimsby.

such is the nature of the place, i will have a carp rod sitting all day, hoping for a torpedoshaped carp that looks for all the world to be 25lb, buta reasonable headof singles/ low doubles.

meanwhile, i shall be having a spin for the pike and perch, whichboth go to a good size, or maggots and waggler for the tench, roach and bream of more modest proportions.

the water is generally quite clear, meaning i have been able to observe thefish over an extended period, so i know exactly what i'm aiming for, and realistically hope to catch, but it's never particularly easy, lol.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Will have a few hours on the Lea or Ouse in the evening, crust on the surface, and a few lob worms free lined into dark, just hope the Chub will play ball.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Will no doubt fish my local pond for a 23lb tench, only had them to 17lb last year, but they are growing on fast

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
First day, as promised to darling wife, out roaming with fine birthday present catching whatever eats bread under a porcupine quill controlled via a pin and beanstick (MKIV Avon) Chris Yates style.

The remainder of the week is going to be very busy /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

chub angler

Reaction score
Alan the fish will be spoiled for choice. Spiders you will catch your 23lb tench but it might look a bit carp like. Chris if its anything like it is here I would get there early. Grump sounds like you should have fun. Mark its a long enough close season without being put back a couple of weeks.

chub angler

Reaction score
I dont know about you lot but I will be like a kid at Crimbo the night before the season starts.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>chub angler wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Im planning having a go at barbeling for a change.</blockquote>
Are you going to change your name?