Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Im planning having a go at barbeling for a change.

Dave Slater Guest

I thought I may go chub fishing for a change.[img]/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif[/img]I should start on the Avon as I must discipline myself not to fish the Stour too much or I may never catch that elusive Avon "seven".

I will also be fishing the Ouse this season, asI haven't been there for a few years, soI may even start there.

Roach,from the old father Thames.Hot days and hemp.I can smell it already.

Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
    Blog Entries

Perch from the Derwent.

I reckon there's some rarely fished for specimens in the stretch I have in mind.
    I believe in reintarnation - I'll come back to life as a hillbilly.

Peter Crabtree............Roach fishing on the Thames with hemp(and elderberry later on!)........that takes me back a few years!!Used to fish matches in the late 50's early 60's on the Remenham stretch at Henley among others for roach(and some dace if memory serves)early in the season....'til the damn boats became too bad...and they decided to sheet pile the whole stretch....

Had a spell of fishing from daybreak in June in an attempt to beat the boats for a few hours but then I found fresh crust did the trick for better fish.......very nice memories though...trotting a nice porcupine quill in 6'/8' of water..

Lure fishing for pike to start off with on the Trent. That's if the old bones stand up to it. If not, a few trips after a big Tench using a float with Ronnie boy. The thoughts of a good sit down are starting to have great appeal.

I'm off for 2 days after some river carp, then off for some Barbel for another 2 days. booked the week off work,good times.

I shall probably end up in such a dither that plans A - Gwill go hopelessly wrong, and I end up scratching to save the blank.

Chub on the Gade or Lea would probably be a sound start; then roach, and keep a pot of worms handy in case of perch, and maybe leger over the feed for a barbel at dusk ... that's four and a half plans already, and that's without considering bream, pike and carp... I need therapy.

Good luck you lot. I'm going to take some halibutpellets, luncheon meat and hemp and I can dart to the shop and get some maggots if the barbel arnt playing ball.

i shall be off for a nice multispecies day on the riverhead, river freshney, grimsby.

such is the nature of the place, i will have a carp rod sitting all day, hoping for a torpedoshaped carp that looks for all the world to be 25lb, buta reasonable headof singles/ low doubles.

meanwhile, i shall be having a spin for the pike and perch, whichboth go to a good size, or maggots and waggler for the tench, roach and bream of more modest proportions.

the water is generally quite clear, meaning i have been able to observe thefish over an extended period, so i know exactly what i'm aiming for, and realistically hope to catch, but it's never particularly easy, lol.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast