red hot (bloody wind)

lee goode 3

Reaction score
im going fishing tomorow the weathers ment to be really hot but big winds whats the best method to use im going to a commercial fishery the lakes got about 30 pegs id say about 3 acres big all help would be good.

tubs

Reaction score
Find a swim with the wind coming in from either behind or from head on! Alternatively find a swim tucked in out of the wind. Heavy line may help!

tubs

Reaction score
Just looked at the weather forecast and the problems I think you may find is the igh pressure and little or no cloud. The fish hate these conditions especially with the heat!!!!! Sunday is meant to be the hottest day of the year so far!

chub angler

Reaction score
Lee try and fish with the wind at your back .Or a sheltered spot as Tubs said but you might be better off ledgering if its quite windy. If its very warm I usually wait and fish in the evening or nightfish good luck for tomorrow.

peter crabtree 2

Reaction score
this weekend is going to be HOT. the wind is easterly,I will be fishing with the wind straight in the face,keeps you cooler,and the wind blows the feed and the fish towards you.Go for the tip as a method,and keep the rod tip close to the surface to eliminate any drag from the wind and tow.

tight lines....

tank

Reaction score
so if sunday is really really hot will fishing off the bottom be the best idea? i'm using one rod set up with boilies and pva bags and maybe the other rod on the float with just maggots in the margins

Andy Fielder

Reaction score
fished with my son today in these conditions. Four rods out between us, and due to the wind, 3 on the bottombut one on waggler fished up in the water with sprayed maggots. Difficult to keep control of the float but by using it, my son caught a nice bag of commons, rudd, roach and a decent golden orfe (3.5lb)while nearly everybody else blanked. Not a touch on the leger rods all day.

One other (important)thing - dont forget the suntan cream, sunglasses, and a hat!

lee goode 3

Reaction score
well what a good day got ther 9 this mornin, had 1 carp around 3lbs 2 tench 9 bream and a load of rudd perch and gudgion luckly the lake and swim were shelterd,