Matt Coops

Reaction score
Hi every one im a newbie to fishing i was wondering what is the diffrence between coars and carp fishing and also i was thinking of buying this rod is it anygood http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3250493/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|12108128/c_2/2|cat_1210812/forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gifFishing|12108183/c_3/3|cat_12108183|Carp+fishing+rods%2C+reels+and+combi|12108190.htm

keora

Reaction score
Carp are a member of the coarse fish family, which includes pike, perch, tench, roach, dace, barbel etc.

C

Cakey

coarse fishing = sitting like a fairy catching tiddlers

Carp fishing = big everything including the fish

rebaitbait ,set the alarm and......................................

Reaction score
what is the difference between coarse and carp well where do you want to start as a newbie i would go fishing with someone very expirenced to start and go to a well stocked water try just general fishing to start as you dont want ur first trip to be a blank which can happen when carping .learn about the water you intend to fish where the holes are and the snags. anyway general fishing can produce carp but when carping you have less chance of catching tiddlers(i bet lots will say otherwise).a friend of mine has just started fishing he been out with me 4 times now and he's getting the bug on his first trip he blanked but saw me land a reasonable fish (for him it was i would have prefered at least 4 times bigger)dont get the bug that makes you buy everything just because you have all the gear dont mean you catch fish the amount of times ive seen complete kits being sold because they got bored is countless where are you from and where do you intend to fish im sure theres lots of people who can tell you an easy place local to you to start ask on this site who knows someone might take you under their wing to show you how to start good luck tight lines and rod high