who is going to be sick ?

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I know I will, its a strange mysterious illness that occurs evey June. Some of my employers knew what I was doing but never said owt.

Will you be man enough to go sick?

Andy Fielder

Reaction score
I'mquitting my job at 0700 on the 16th, so its a late start but at least I'll be out on the banks. Can't wait - sure as hell won't be going sick!

The bad one

Reaction score
Trev I don't think you will be going sick as you've just told the universe and your boss.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as I love my river fishing I'll not be out on June 16th as to be honest my local rivers are not up to much until nearly the end of the Summer.

The only exception being a syndicate stretch of the Hampshire Avon where the Chub are very obliging in the early season, and the Dace at Downton.

I might have a couple of lake sessions but typically I wait until late August before hanging up my fly rods and returning to the coarse fishing.

One of the few joys of being a freelance consultant is that you don't need to 'pull a sicky' you simply take a 'personal' day and go fishing.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
That's one of the few benefits of being an old codger, you no longer need sickies. You get out as often as you like, when you like. That's if the old bones will take it. Ron and I will be going out this morning for a few hours, propping each other up like book ends. Too old to change now. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>The bad one wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Trev I don't think you will be going sick as you've just told the universe and your boss.</blockquote>

You only have a boss if you have a job ! It highly likely that by the 16th I will be redundant anyway.....

Loads of time to go fishing then

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I haven't made a point of going out on the 16th for a number of years now but I am always thinking to myself after the magic date 'now the season has started I'll get on the river,' it is an option when the river is right but not imperative.

Years ago when we had a full closed season the 16th was traditionally a tench fishing day but we can do that any day now and the rivers aren't usually in good fettle at this time of the year so why the need to sneak a day off? (says he, retired and time on his hands hehehe!)

S

Sean Meeghan

I've explained the importance of 16th June to the boss and he's allowing me to take the day off.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Week off between jobsso will be certainly out but afteran early mullet in Christchurch Harbour which only opens to "course" type baits on the 16th.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Good old Nigel, you never give up do you, its about time they gave you a free boat to save your weary legs mate (only way you will get me down there again, oooh! the pain).

Why is fishing in the sea governed by freshwater closed season rules Nigel and who enforces them?

S

Sean Meeghan

No Fin, but I am the boss! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Julian Parkin 2

Reaction score
I had sorted it so that I move house on the 14th, furniture arrives at new house in Hampshire on 15th and I get the 16th on the kennet and finish unpacking on the 17th.

Now my dad is coming down from Yorkshire on the 15th to "help out" and is going home on the evening of the 16th.

Pig sick!!! Unless.... I get everything sorted and go the 17th (Won't be the same though)!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Will you be man enough to go sick?

Nope!

My boss is an angler and a member of FM /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

And we don't get sick pay!