Old style hook Tyer

Paul B

Reaction score
In the post Graham

you might want to put it on string around your neck so you don't lose it:):):):)

A

alan whittington

Peter,can you tell me how i can get a smilie thing on the end of a post,for when i try the damn thing goes above near title like this.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Alan,

I really don't know how to solve that problem.

Mr. Woodhouse (Jeff) is the expert when it comes to those things, but I've never encountered that problem.

Jeff? Help?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Paul B. The hook tyer arrived this morning mate, I really can't thank you enough it is so kind and thoughtful and maybe one day we will meet somewhere and I can buy you a pint. I hope so.

Cakey

Reaction score
my smilies are down the righthand side Alan Im not taking the pee:D

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

I do believe you have to activate them

Last edited:
A

alan whittington

This is most frustrating,i will have to go and have a play(been a long time you know)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I lost my old hook tyer that I've had for nearly forty years in the Severn at Kempsey last year, it was the old red type and had a complete flat front where the hook goes in unlike the Drennan which has sloping front.

Though I can use the Drennan and the match tyer I much prefer my old one but where can I buy one does anyone know?

GOOD NEWS!

I understand Stonfo have redesigned the one I have and are launching it now. It's a classy piece, probably expensive.

Found them
409_2.jpg

£5.99 each, two sizes.

Cakey

Reaction score
this is my one
showpic.php

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

50p.....................

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Aha. When you've clicked the quill-and parchment (I think?) icon at the bottom of the post, to activate the reply box, then hit the "Go advanced" button and a bunch of smilies should appear to the right of the reply box.

If they don't, it's the dreaded "User CP" trail: I think you need the "edit options" option, and switching smileys on is in the "miscellaneous options" box.

I could well be wrong - it's like wading through cybertreacle, and my memory keeps blanking out the more maddening episodes; if you don't get a result qickly, post under the "First aid" heading.

A sample swatch of Axminster enables one to chew carpet without leaving the computer...

---------- Post added at 05:42 ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 ----------

Oops!! This post was intended FAO Alan Whittington.

A

alan whittington

Its strange but i have always been able to tie small neat loops by hand,even with quite heavy line if needed.

Cakey

Reaction score
we all can but a tyer is easier and if your doing a few all the loops look the same which is not possible by hand

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Weren't the old (black)ones called "The Matchman Hook Tier"

I go back even further. It was a chap in Denton used to make them individually, out of aluminium! He sodl the design and rights to a company Rosewood Associates (I think that was their name) and they made them in a grey material, which I have. I also have a black one and now every Chinese factory is probably turnign them out.