Going to do something I haven't done in a long time tonight...

Chris Hammond ( RSPB ACA PAC}

Reaction score
We've had stair rods on and off all day long.

I'm putting on the head torch and grabbing a bucket and heading out to terrorize old ladies walking their dogs tonight!! :eek:

I'm going to get me a gert ol bucket of lobs off of the local school field. Might give the old back some grief, but with lobs at four bob apiece at the local tackle shops, I'll save a fortune. :)

Rickrod

Reaction score
I got pulled in a park in bradford (not by George Michael)doing that.The bucket of worms was more than enough to convince the female P.C that i was not up to anything

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Take care Chris, although it's a long time ago now I vividly remember those lob snitching sessions, and the accompanying back ache for a few days after. And enduring much mick taking in the work place, I can here it now ''it's the bells, it's the bells''.
Good luck mate.

preston96

Reaction score
i always feel a bit guilty taking those that are "joined".....

Reaction score
Well chaps I'm just back froim a torrid bout of worm-wrestling and I might say it was rather a surreal experience.

I got out of the car and wondered where in the hell the din was eminating from. On the way to the school field the roads had been littered with young ladies in embarassingly flimsy looking outfits. I remember seeing the first couple and thinking "Christ look at those poor girls, they must have been accidentally locked in a tanning salon".

Anyway the air is throbbing with the dulcet tones of none other than the 'Pussycat Dolls'. It had completely escaped my attention that they were playing live tonight up at the July racecourse.

I moved onto the battle ground half fearing the worst. Surely this racket will have put them back down their burrows? Fortunately it was not the case, confirming a long term suspicion of mine that worms have terrible taste in music.

As it turned out the music actually added to the experience and I found myself getting with the beat.

"Don't ya wish ya girlfriend.... I grab a big sixer with my left hand, shuffle Ali style around an inordinately large dog turd,...."Don't ya wish ya girlfriend..... a little shake of my booty, torch between my teeth and I nab his four inch counterpart with my right hand! I gather a goodly amount of worms while the 'Pussycat Trolls' work through their repetoire.

For any of you pesky youngsters that are looking in, there is a real art to 'worming'. Basically there are two clear strategies. The 'War of attrition manouvre', or the 'Snatch and jerk'. If it's your first sortee then stick with the former. The latter method is only really for skilled, seasoned worm charmers like myself. Stick with the 'War' technique to begin with. Grab your worm and take up the tension, then out wait him. Once he tires you'll feel him start to slip in his hole. That's the time to draw him out.

Once you've mastered the Snatch though you will have super-worms. You see it involves a swift and immediaste plucking of the worm from the ground. Your first efforts will probably only result in a bucket of broken worms. Once mastered though it will provide worms so fighting fit that they will bring back any perch under a pound in a head lock for you!

Here's the fruits of about twenty minutes worming. :)

worms.jpg

Last edited:

Rickrod

Reaction score
Save your self a few pounds there Chris for the worms and a free concert

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
A small bag of sand is useful just to dip the 'picking' fingers in. If you miss first time they're gone

I can remember some 20 years ago on a chub fishing weekend near Hereford when the lawns of the hotel we stayed at were invaded by a load of hairy &rsed chubbers all searching for lobs, I couldn't even imagine what some of the old lady guests were thinking.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Fine catch there chris been fishing for eels myself lately but not had a catch as good as that well done

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Good stuff Chris.

How many strokes did it take to make those snakes go straight?

Fine catch mate, well done.

Reaction score
Nice brace of perch there Chris. You seem to be on a roll, what's the next target species.

Well done mate.

THanks chaps. :)

I was after the big rudd last night Derek. I got 'mozzied' off the river though, just as the big rudd started topping in my swim. I'd like to get to grips with those before it's too late in the year. Depending on the weather it's probably going to be Zeds next weekend though.