Barking at the moon

Reaction score
Its been a while!
After a 4 year lay off due to new nippers and work I'm back and buzzing!
I am to re-join my angling cohorts in a new quest on the Ribble. It would appear that the world and his dog have decided to take over what once was "My River"!
Over the last four years the lads I fish with have honed their skills on the river and had some very good fish including if I remember correctly some 12+ barbel and quite a few 6+ chub. The problem is that with the pressure the river seems to be under from anglers far and wide with carp rods and buzzers and bivvies I want to minimize my time and maximise my chances and fish by the moon. This has been un-cannily successful for a friend of mine and he is now barking at the moon like a loon!
My question is how many of you out there also use the moon times to decide when to angle and more importantly how many of you are catching / blanking when the man in the moon says YES!?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Every week the angling times shows the moon phases on page 2.
I have purposely stopped myself from looking at it,it always says my planned day out or match is not the best day and knocks my confidence a bit.
check out www.moonstrike.co.uk

Cakey

Reaction score
you caught me out Fred .......it was only posted today ...............your looking at his sign up date

Last edited: