Whats Going On ?

Les Clark 3

Reaction score
Having looked at the above at the bottom of the page , the guests seem to outweigh the members that are posting , I would like to say to the guests , join up as members , you can see that the members are not quite the ticket but in the main are harmless and don`t bite .
You will get a lot of banter and maybe the mick taken ( sorry Mick ) , but in the main you will make good mates , learn a bit and hopefully teach us some new tricks . ;) :D

Les Clark 3

Reaction score
Why is that then Dave ? Are they shy or just want to pick up tips without having an input ?:confused:

captain carrott

Reaction score
Why is that then Dave ? Are they shy or just want to pick up tips without having an input ?:confused:

it's lurker syndrome. most people aren't a bunch of bg gobs and don't think they can contribute much, so they become shy about making that initial post. they lurk around for ages some finally pluck up the courage others never do.
it's worse if someone isn't too confident with their own use of english, this makes them even less likely to post.

it's not as if we bite,

strut5a

Reaction score
Having looked at the above at the bottom of the page , the guests seem to outweigh the members that are posting , I would like to say to the guests , join up as members , you can see that the members are not quite the ticket but in the main are harmless and don`t bite .
You will get a lot of banter and maybe the mick taken ( sorry Mick ) , but in the main you will make good mates , learn a bit and hopefully teach us some new tricks . ;) :D

I stood on the side lines as a guest for a long time as I was quite worried that I wouldn't fit in. I eventually decided that one more nutter wouldn't be noticed.
Glad now that I did and I wish that I had done it sooner, a sentiment which may not be shared by the other members.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Les,
When the threads from the old F.M. are transferred the user is listed as a guest, I guess it's because they're no longer associated with the author's new account in the new F.M.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Deacon

We're very glad you did join us. With only a defrocked monastic and no nuns our spiritual needs were not being met. Actually for most of us, if we're honest, none of our needs are being met. So some possibility of salvation then.....still no possibility of me and Siobhan Redmond.....couldn't pop a prayer in to the boss could you old boy?

Poshers :w:w (it's communion wine..honest!)

strut5a

Reaction score
Deacon

We're very glad you did join us. With only a defrocked monastic and no nuns our spiritual needs were not being met. Actually for most of us, if we're honest, none of our needs are being met. So some possibility of salvation then.....still no possibility of me and Siobhan Redmond.....couldn't pop a prayer in to the boss could you old boy?

Poshers :w:w (it's communion wine..honest!)

I will see what I can do for you my son and thank you very much for the welcome.

Les Clark 3

Reaction score
it's lurker syndrome. most people aren't a bunch of bg gobs and don't think they can contribute much, so they become shy about making that initial post. they lurk around for ages some finally pluck up the courage others never do.
it's worse if someone isn't too confident with their own use of english, this makes them even less likely to post.

it's not as if we bite,
Hi Captain , when I first came across FM , I hadn`t had a computer long , new thing in my life , didn`t have a clue , couldn`t spell , still can`t but it`s a lot better now ( true but sad ) , but the people on here made me more than welcome and back then I thought I knew a fair bit but found out that there was a hell of a lot to still learn , 6 years on and I`m still learning and enjoying it , due to mates on FM .:cool: :) .

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I stumbled across this site while entering things in to Google like -: fishing hints and tips etc.
Read a few articles and liked what i saw, so i decided to join as i wanted to learn as much as i could about the types of fishing i was doing.
I did feel a little stupid putting in my first few threads as i felt that perhaps people would say stuff like -: god we've answered that one loads of times, or god is this guy thick or what (AND I WAS RIGHT THEY DID MAKE ME FEEL THIS WAY) nah i'm only joking, people were always helpful even if it was just to point me in the direction of an older thread on the same topic.
What really gave me confidence was when i realised that people were asking questions that i knew the answer to and this made me feel a lot more confident about my own fishing abilities.
Trying to fit in anywhere can be daunting, but i find that by just being yourself and not just coming on to upset the apple cart helps loads, and some will like you and some won't, but that's life.

Tight Lines

J K

Reaction score
The old site isn't up and running anymore, if i try to get onto the old site, it sends me here now.

I just tried logging on to the old site as a guest and as a member and both times it let me in. There isn't many new posts though. The Marsden key in the lock seems to be working.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
The shortcut I used to use for the old F.M. now redirects me to here automatically.