Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Whats Going On ?

Having looked at the above at the bottom of the page , the guests seem to outweigh the members that are posting , I would like to say to the guests , join up as members , you can see that the members are not quite the ticket but in the main are harmless and don`t bite .
    You will get a lot of banter and maybe the mick taken ( sorry Mick ) , but in the main you will make good mates , learn a bit and hopefully teach us some new tricks .
    Not too proud to nick a good idea .

Blog Entries

it's the same with 99% of forums.....

Why is that then Dave ? Are they shy or just want to pick up tips without having an input ?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Clark 3 View Post
    Why is that then Dave ? Are they shy or just want to pick up tips without having an input ?

it's lurker syndrome. most people aren't a bunch of bg gobs and don't think they can contribute much, so they become shy about making that initial post. they lurk around for ages some finally pluck up the courage others never do.
    it's worse if someone isn't too confident with their own use of english, this makes them even less likely to post.

it's not as if we bite,

Having looked at the above at the bottom of the page , the guests seem to outweigh the members that are posting , I would like to say to the guests , join up as members , you can see that the members are not quite the ticket but in the main are harmless and don`t bite .
    You will get a lot of banter and maybe the mick taken ( sorry Mick ) , but in the main you will make good mates , learn a bit and hopefully teach us some new tricks .
    I stood on the side lines as a guest for a long time as I was quite worried that I wouldn't fit in. I eventually decided that one more nutter wouldn't be noticed.
    Glad now that I did and I wish that I had done it sooner, a sentiment which may not be shared by the other members.
    Love thy neighbour,but beware of her husband.

Les,
    When the threads from the old F.M. are transferred the user is listed as a guest, I guess it's because they're no longer associated with the author's new account in the new F.M.
    Last edited by Rodney Wrestt; 24-07-2009 at 18:41.

Deacon

We're very glad you did join us. With only a defrocked monastic and no nuns our spiritual needs were not being met. Actually for most of us, if we're honest, none of our needs are being met. So some possibility of salvation then.....still no possibility of me and Siobhan Redmond.....couldn't pop a prayer in to the boss could you old boy?

Poshers (it's communion wine..honest!)
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshpaul (Angling Trust and PaSC) View Post
    Deacon

We're very glad you did join us. With only a defrocked monastic and no nuns our spiritual needs were not being met. Actually for most of us, if we're honest, none of our needs are being met. So some possibility of salvation then.....still no possibility of me and Siobhan Redmond.....couldn't pop a prayer in to the boss could you old boy?

Poshers (it's communion wine..honest!)
    I will see what I can do for you my son and thank you very much for the welcome.
    Love thy neighbour,but beware of her husband.

Quote Originally Posted by captain carrott View Post
    it's lurker syndrome. most people aren't a bunch of bg gobs and don't think they can contribute much, so they become shy about making that initial post. they lurk around for ages some finally pluck up the courage others never do.
    it's worse if someone isn't too confident with their own use of english, this makes them even less likely to post.

it's not as if we bite,
    Hi Captain , when I first came across FM , I hadn`t had a computer long , new thing in my life , didn`t have a clue , couldn`t spell , still can`t but it`s a lot better now ( true but sad ) , but the people on here made me more than welcome and back then I thought I knew a fair bit but found out that there was a hell of a lot to still learn , 6 years on and I`m still learning and enjoying it , due to mates on FM . .

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by captain carrott View Post
    it's not as if we bite,
    Oh I don't know CC you give a very good impression occasionally!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast