Looking for fishing club/buddies

the pelly

Reaction score
Hope this in the right subforum.

I do most of my fishing alone these days. The girlfriend comes along sometimes but all my fishing buddies were left up north when I relocated to Surrey.

I'm based in Epsom now and spend most of my time on commercials I have found nearby. Bury Hill, Tywernesh, Marsh Farm, Beaver Farm etc.

I've been thinking it may be nice to fish with some company for a change and was toying with the idea of joining a club for access to more waters and maybe to make some new fishing friends.

Any suggestions for clubs in my area?

If the fish-ins I've seen mentioned here are open to all I will look into attending those too. :)

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
FM Fish-Ins

jma,

The FishingMagic Fish-Ins are open to all FishingMagic members, so come along and join in.

Usually they are a mixture of a good social event and some good fishing, particularly the Lower Itchen Day in the winter.

Neil and I are planning a day on Marsh Farm later in the summer so we'll let you know nearer the time if you fancy coming along.

As for clubs in your area? Try Epsom and/or Banstead Angling Clubs both have decent venues and some damn good anglers too.

Lark

Reaction score
jma,
Ditto what Peter said.
You also may want to take a look at Farnham AC. They appear to have a very good mix of venues.

Windy

Reaction score
Hi there.
I'm a bit south of you, but if you're happy to travel down to the likes of Marsh Farm you are within range of a fair chunk of club and other waters I can point you at. I tend to avoid commercials, preferring slightly more special and private waters.
In the meantime I can very happily offer you an invite for a quiet days fishing on a guest ticket here in Cranleigh perhaps :).

the pelly

Reaction score
Hi there.
I'm a bit south of you, but if you're happy to travel down to the likes of Marsh Farm you are within range of a fair chunk of club and other waters I can point you at. I tend to avoid commercials, preferring slightly more special and private waters.
In the meantime I can very happily offer you an invite for a quiet days fishing on a guest ticket here in Cranleigh perhaps :).

Hi, very good of you. I'd be happy to take you up on your invite. I'll drop you a PM.:)

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

jma,

The FishingMagic Fish-Ins are open to all FishingMagic members, so come along and join in.

Usually they are a mixture of a good social event and some good fishing, particularly the Lower Itchen Day in the winter.

Neil and I are planning a day on Marsh Farm later in the summer so we'll let you know nearer the time if you fancy coming along.

As for clubs in your area? Try Epsom and/or Banstead Angling Clubs both have decent venues and some damn good anglers too.

Hi Peter, thank you I will look into those clubs. Please do let me know when you and Neil are planning your trip I'd be happy to join you and hopefully pick up some tips!

the pelly

Reaction score
I've been looking into Surrey clubs and have been looking into Farnham AC and Godalming AS.

Farnham AC seems to have the greater number of waters (larger too).

I've spent a bit of time on Marsh Farm so joining Goldaming AS would enable me to fish there more often for less ££.

I believe Johnsons is a good water? Are any of the other G.A.S note worthy?

Not a carp angler. I like to catch them of course, but mainly target tench, bream etc.

Thought about buying a ticket for Papercourt but I believe its not what it was with regards the Tench fishing?

Any advice on other clubs would be more than welcome.

Last edited: