Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default South Wales help

I've got a friend who's just started fishing again. Originally from Sussex where he'd previously fished for sea stuff I believe (Mullet and Bass) he now lives in Cardiff alongside the Taff. He wants to have a grack at coarse fishing so is looking for availability of decent waters in his area. Where he lives he can't actually fish the river as it's designated no-fishing up to the castle. Looking at the Glamorgan anglers club site they make reference to eventually having access to this water and the marina bit below it.

He is looking for the waters in his area that are worth shelling out for club tickets. Tench fishing in lakes and mixed river fishing are what he's looking for. Is this club ticket the best value/fishing in the immediate area?

The Wye is a little further afield but he knows there are plenty of day ticket stretches if he wants them.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated especially if there is any later news on the availability of the lower Taff/enclosed marina water.

Hello Murton Bere,

Here is a link that your friend may find useful.
    I have never fished anywhere in Wales, but your friend could try using Google to help him locate more fisheries in and around the area.
    The link also has contact details so he could perhaps ask the owner some questions and perhaps even ask if it is ok to come down and visit the fishery.

http://www.cefnmablylakes.co.uk/

Tight Lines

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murton Bere View Post
    I've got a friend who's just started fishing again. Originally from Sussex where he'd previously fished for sea stuff I believe (Mullet and Bass) he now lives in Cardiff alongside the Taff. He wants to have a grack at coarse fishing so is looking for availability of decent waters in his area. Where he lives he can't actually fish the river as it's designated no-fishing up to the castle. Looking at the Glamorgan anglers club site they make reference to eventually having access to this water and the marina bit below it.

He is looking for the waters in his area that are worth shelling out for club tickets. Tench fishing in lakes and mixed river fishing are what he's looking for. Is this club ticket the best value/fishing in the immediate area?

The Wye is a little further afield but he knows there are plenty of day ticket stretches if he wants them.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated especially if there is any later news on the availability of the lower Taff/enclosed marina water.
    For Tench he might want to try here
    http://www.go-fish.co.uk/venue_7692.htm

Very weedy but a good tench water about an hour from Cardiff.

If he travels west there's some good commercials.
    Holgan Farm (Ian Heaps) Llawhaden Pembs
    Whitesprings, Pontardulais
    Celtic Lakes (near Lampeter)
    To name but a few
    Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I just might tell you the truth.