Where have all the great anglers the USED to post on FM gone?

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I can't imagine how that could even be considered as possible :p

But then again :wh

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Ok then, all of you that are missing the wisdom of the old greats, ask me any fishing related question and i will do my best to answer it for you.

Don't say that i never offer.

r1paul

Reaction score
Not to sure myself , but fishingmagic has changed , don`t know about the "great anglers " but a lot of members don`t seem to be posting .
I don`t wish to upset anybody , this is only my view as I see it .
In the recent years gone by , we had the likes of John Ledger , who called a spade a spade , who sometimes went over the line , but that was Johns way , respect ( RIP ) , there were many like John and in the end it got over the top and we all were told to tone it down which we did , after all Graham is the guv and the man in the line of fire , not us .
With the old fishingmagic , we could still get away with the odd swear word and could stretch the line a tad .
With the new fishingmagic , the swearword is taboo , it just doesn`t get into print , end of story .
Sometime over the last week , Skippy put up a thread ( I think ) , I`m can`t even remember what it was about , after a couple of posting he , was warned off not to go to far , which he hadn`t , by a mod ??

I`m not having a go at the mod or anyone , it just appears to me that the new fishingmagic is a little bit over the top on the p.c. and as lost a lot of the fun of the old fishingmagic .

Chris Season32

Reaction score
I think its a seasonal thing, the other forums are all slow ATM. I suspect everyone has given it some hammer over the last 3-4 months and are re-fueling.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Well i think the Forum is Great, if you want a serious answer to a serious question you can get it, if you want to have a carry on until you find a serious question you can contribute to, you can.
It is everyone that makes a forum great, and if great regulars go away for a while, then it is up to the ones left to get on with it.
I should imagine that they're aren't many truly great original fishing topics that can be brought up on FM that haven't been covered before in the past.
But for new visitors it is all new and exciting and beneficial.
Graham and his team do a great job seeing as it costs us nothing and i love it, even when it's Sh!t :D

The Monk

Reaction score
I`m still here Matty, I might not be a great angler but apparently I`m a great guitarists,lol

r1paul

Reaction score
Stealph , don`t get me wrong , I`m not knocking fishingmagic , far from it , I have been here for about 6 years and wouldn`t go any where else , made a lot of good mate`s but it`s just that the sense of humour seems to have gone from it .
Like pubs , time changes things , maybe I`m wrong but thats how I see it now .

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

I`m still here Matty, I might not be a great angler but apparently I`m a great guitarists,lol

See , even the Monk`s mind is going ga ga .:p :D

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Stealph , don`t get me wrong , I`m not knocking fishingmagic , far from it , I have been here for about 6 years and wouldn`t go any where else , made a lot of good mate`s but it`s just that the sense of humour seems to have gone from it .
Like pubs , time changes things , maybe I`m wrong but thats how I see it now .

Are you saying then Les, that F.M. has been over sanitized, and as a result has lost its vibrance.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
When i first started to come on here way back oh when it had a real name like FishingMagic and not this new posh one FishingMagic there was a guy called Deanos that used to be on here, he made me laugh, but he never Judged me either, no matter how prattish i may have appeared.
There are a lot of funny people on here still, characters of all walks of life, some get right on my Moobs and others are Loners some are friendly and others are well just *****************************************s.
But, i don't miss any of them as i never really knew them well enough for them to impact my life that much.
If you want funny m8, i'll sit here in a clowns outfit with 50 marshmallows crammed down my F***skin till it's stretched so much it will look like an Elephants Umberella, whilst jiggling my Moobs around in circles with Licquorice laces threaded through my nipples whilst doing Star Jumps lol.

On a serious note, don't you have there contact details ?

klik2change

Reaction score
I've been a member of FM for a long time, a lot longer than the biography says. I have disappeared from FM, as far as posting is concerned, for much of that time. I have done a lot of lurking. Work interferes. I'm a teacher, and my workload is colossal. Right now we are in the summer holidays, and although I am working some of the time, I still have the opportunity to post a lot more often. It happens most years. I have also started fishing a lot more often over the last three or four months because I have been desperate for stress relief. :eek:

I do not think that the site is as welcoming as it used to be. I have felt myself to have been met with suspicion at times. I think you ought to install stealph viper as the official welcome writer. A lot of you have got annoyed with him, as [I admit] I have myself, but he is a transparently genuine guy. Fair play mate!

What will happen when he gets a job?

Paul C

Reaction score
Come on Matt, work it out. You must now why????

Big bother season.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Reply to Muffin....

I got some rudd up to 2 1/2lb last night ! I'm off down the Ribble first thing in the morning sniffing foe barb's. I'll drop the Wife off at the boot sale Sunday morning and go spinning for perch on the canal....had some good uns last week up to 2lb.

Last edited:

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
What the 'New FishingMagic' needs is a serious competition...

Forget expensive barbel rods, they are so 'out' now! Barbel shmarbel, my ar$e! Any nonce can catch them! Did you want a new barbel war Ron? ;-)
And don't start me on Carp! What was the name of that fat fast growing boilie muncher that died recently? And the brother/sister died too didn't it? They were trapped and needed to eat, nuff said!

Roach are the 'in' fish now! Lets get back to some skillful angling! Put away yer bolt rigs, baitrunners and 8 foot long hooklengths, go out and prove you're an angler, catch a 2lb RIVER roach! Go on do it, no inside info, no pre-baiting by friends. Get yer butt on a river and catch a 2lb roach....

I could really do with a SERIOUSLY expensive trotting rod for roach Boss and a nice reel to match wouldn't go amiss ;-)

Right, that should have ruffled some feathers, I'm saving my onslaught on commercials for later....Anglers, my ar$e!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I could really do with a SERIOUSLY expensive trotting rod for roach Boss and a nice reel to match wouldn't go amiss ;-)

And so could I! :mad:

There were some poster I'm glad won't be returning. There are some that I am missing too, but the greatest angler, if only in size and sense of humour, is very busy right now*, but I spoke to him just the other night and he promises to return as soon as possible.

It's none other than the Great Deanos!

When he does return, just refer to him as Great.

* apparently Donkey pies are going down really well in Castleford and he can't keep up with demand. He's even visiting the horse and donkey rescue centres to see if they're overstocked.

slime monster

Reaction score
Steve , I am going Roach fishing tomorrow and my bait is something I pulled off a tree..thats real angler Roach fishing none of this going down a mamby pamby tackle shop, and for good measure I might just snap off a branch to use as a whip.:w :w :w:w

Last edited: