Where have all the great anglers the USED to post on FM gone?

Bill Cox

Reaction score
you can still swear Ray you just need to be a bit more inventive about it.;)

Bluenose

Reaction score
I'm not so sure prevention IS better than cure, if you stop people in full flow. Do people really get so passionate that they complain about political discussions such as the chat between SV and grumpy git?

No one was stopped in full flow mate, had the thread been locked or deleted then yes that could have been a claim, but a polite reminder is just that, nothing more nothing less. Certain topics can and sometimes do go downhill quite quickly. It is sometimes better to remind members to play nice than risk people being offended and the thread then being pulled later on.

klik2change

Reaction score
No one was stopped in full flow mate, had the thread been locked or deleted then yes that could have been a claim, but a polite reminder is just that, nothing more nothing less.

i dont agree with you but there you go, we just have to agree to disagree. I daresay you will be happy with that, but responsible people surely can be trusted to disagree without any great problems ensuing? Having an opinion is a human right and denying the expression of them, however well meant [and you are of course well meant] is a denial of human rights, even if it isnt in the UN charter in quite those words...

Bluenose

Reaction score
i dont agree with you but there you go, we just have to agree to disagree. I daresay you will be happy with that, but responsible people surely can be trusted to disagree without any great problems ensuing? Having an opinion is a human right and denying the expression of them, however well meant [and you are of course well meant] is a denial of human rights, even if it isnt in the UN charter in quite those words...

I'm happy to disagree mate, amicably of course.

Let me get this straight, are you saying that we should allow anyone to post whatever they see fit on this forum, because it is their opinion?

klik2change

Reaction score
Let me get this straight, are you saying that we should allow anyone to post whatever they see fit on this forum, because it is their opinion?

I think you can give some licence to people you know, like SV and Grumpy Git, certainly more than you did... Aren't you prepared to have some faith in them? Fair enough, cut it off if necessary but not before it is necessary, surely?

Nobody would expect you or any moderator to allow a unknown quantity to shoot his/her mouth off.

Bluenose

Reaction score
I think you can give some licence to people you know, like SV and Grumpy Git, certainly more than you did... Aren't you prepared to have some faith in them? Fair enough, cut it off if necessary but not before it is necessary, surely?

Nobody would expect you or any moderator to allow a unknown quantity to shoot his/her mouth off.

Klik, a couple of things.

My first post on that thread "...........Please everyone, keep the discussion decent. "

The key word here is 'everyone'.

If you actually read the thread, and read the words which I actually wrote.

When SV asked if he'd done anything wrong, the answer from me was
"Nope you did not do anything wrong SV. "

GG then asked similar, my answer was
"No, not at all Grumpy"

There was no problem with their posts, if there was I would have edited them, and you can see this is not the case. I actually agreed with the original poster and said so, nobody was cut off or moderated Klik! Which part of a 'polite reminder' can be misconstrued?

Any thread can go downhill quickly as stated elsewhere, it has nothing to do with whom I do or do not know. It is easier, on what can be emotive subjects, for mods to issue a brief statment early and ask for people to stick to the forum rules so as people do not get offended.

Now, as a slight aside, can we please go back to your suggestion of me denying whoever their human rights.

I asked you

I am assuming that you do now appreciate that we cannot allow people to post what they like?

Last edited:

klik2change

Reaction score
EC, My intention has been simply to highlight the view of myself and perhaps a few others that the moderation of the case in hand was a bit heavy handed. That’s all. No heavy-handed accusations are being or have been made. I am sorry if you have been offended. That has not been my intention in any way. I am not looking for an argument in any way. I don’t want to say anything else about it and that’s that as far as I am concerned.

Bluenose

Reaction score
I am not sure how asking 'everyone' to keep a discussion decent can be classed as heavy handed Klik? It's something I have done before without complaint and will do so again, however you are entitled to your opinion.

I have not taken offence mate, and neither am I looking for an argument but if my judgement is questioned and I am referred to as heavy handed and then there is also the 'human rights' thing that you suggested, well clearly a response is needed.

Cheers