Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Where have all the great anglers the USED to post on FM gone?

I just read one of Swordsy's posts where he listed a number of great anglers and it reminded me of the many more great anglers that USED to REGULARLY post on the FM forum and contribute some great articles.

Since the changeover to the new site, many of these anglers have gone AWOL!

Where are they?

Why aren't they posting?

Are they lurking?

Did they have trouble logging in to the new site and gave up?

Have they got board of FM and moved on?

Are they posting on facebook like a bunch of girls?

Any ideas chaps?
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

You are still here Matt so thats one........

But I agree there appears to be a lack of fishing related technical posts recently from the people you mention

Near to 61,000 members and today there are just......71 online.

Something's not working, whether it was all the prevarication over the site transfer (and complete lack of information coming out of Magicalia) or the difficulties (imagined or otherwise) of navigating the new site, I suspect that the core of active membership has shrunk quite markedly.

If they have gone elsewhere (or been lured away), then after all this time it's probably fair to assume that they might not be returning.

The 'new' FM is not the 'old ' FM, it is like comparing chalk to cheese, and the cheese lovers have stayed and the chalk lovers have moved on IMHO.......!!!!
    Still not sure what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Perkins View Post

The 'new' FM is not the 'old ' FM, it is like comparing chalk to cheese, and the cheese lovers have stayed and the chalk lovers have moved on IMHO.......!!!!
    I like cheese, so you must be right. I knew that curdled milk was the route of all evil, and now its been proved.......

PS, I've just had another thought.......maybe they are all FISHING?
    Last edited by Muffin; 28-08-2009 at 13:47.

Blog Entries

The ratio between lurkers and posters now is enormous. It seems that the 10% posters to 90% lurkers in many threads is now nearer to 5% / 95%.

Certainly the major proportion of members seem very reluctant to post, which is a shame
    Last edited by Ron The Hat Clay; 28-08-2009 at 14:01.

The forum is open to view without being a registered member. There seems to be a lot of 'guests'.

But my main point is, where are all the anglers that were/are members that we used to hear from regularly?????
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
    Blog Entries

There are a good number of people whose advice, input and opinions I, (and I'm sure others), valued who have not been seen for a while; or post very rarely.

I don't know why, maybe it was the change of site, but realistically it is still FM, it can still be found at WWW.FISHINGMAGIC.COM and accessed from anywhere in the world so I think there may be other reasons.

People do go through phases in their lives, some will return to us and others may not. You never know - you might all be lucky enough to lose me one day if I get bored of fishing (unlikely though).

I must say I don't understand at all the people who haven't logged in just because it's slightly different from the Magicalia site, talk about cutting off your nose.
    I believe in reintarnation - I'll come back to life as a hillbilly.

I know I had problems logging in after the changover. So much so that I tried to get help from the new team, but had no response whatsoever. In the end I had to set up a new account.
    Perhaps some of those you're referring to had similar problems and just gave up?

Blog Entries

I think that Paul is right in many ways.

The 3 or 4 previously 'regulars' who I chat with by e-mail or by phone, are simply busy on other things at the moment; like changing jobs, but they will be back.

FM is essentially the same place that it ever was, and in some ways it is actually better.

It will improve no end when the damn smiley things are optional though.

Colin?

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

It's the same on Anglers Net not much happening on there of late.
    Perhaps the need to post on forums is wearing thin?
    Even the dreaded "bear pit" that is Pike and Predators is much quieter, however that could be down to the promised crackdown on the mischief makers on there?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast