Things left behind and things found on fishing trips

Bluenose

Reaction score
The sea fishing club based on the estate where I grew up found a body at low tide once.

supgen

Reaction score
got my self a genuine thermos flask on the banks of the aire thar had settled in the bankside debris from a falling flood- well happy!

Rickrod

Reaction score
ha ha make sure you give it a good clean

Dal

Reaction score
I picked up an umbrella (that was left) on the Admiralty pier at Dover, and I also had some luck at my local Carp lake where someone had tipped a tackle box out and left a shed load of hooks, swivels etc. well I had to take them home didn't I?

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I don't think i have ever left anything behind. I have however found things like, banksticks, Discorgers, Rod Rests, waggler floats and i once found half a rod (the butt section), i never did find the tip section, i handed it in to the fishery manager.

quattro

Reaction score
I somehow managed to leave my ZZiplex beachcaster in the car park. Drove back straight away (about an hour) and it was gone. Don't think I've ever got over it:(:(:(

sagalout

Reaction score
I left me rod pod on the bank one evening, only realised when I was setting up next.

John Howard

Reaction score
Found several catapults,and pike floats. The best though was a 36in carp landing net.

I did manage to leave a 28in landing net and handle actually in the river Severn. Drove 30 miles home before realising. So a 60 mile round trip to recover it.

Bluenose

Reaction score
did you take it home?:w

I wasn't actually there, one of my elder brothers was however. They never did ID the guy, and an open verdict was recorded on his death.

Each year the club fished a match for 'The Open Verdict Trophy' on the mark he was found, unsurprisingly referred to thereafter as 'Dead mans Bank'.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
With the amount of kit that you all seem to leave behind you maybe you should let Woody know when and where you are fishing next?

He is always on the lookout for cheap/free gear.

Right Jeff?

slime monster

Reaction score
I worked on the grounds maintenance dept of a shopping /leisure centre ,on its grounds was a canal like fishing pond that was getting choked up with branches ,on dragging it I brought out three sections of pole joined up and by a fluke they were a perfect fit on my Lerc pole.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
When I was a lad, I found a few quid when fishing on the canal, paid for the ticket. Made up for all the dog muck usually found. Have found rod rests, catapults, floats and other bits. Only ever lost a fly wallet which I noticed missing when I decided to change flies, a short walk back the way I had gone soon found it again.

richiekelly

Reaction score
when i was about 11 years old i was walking to my local lake to fish at 4 in the morning i found 2 police officers in a compromising position in a police car they were the best thing i have found while going fishing the look on their faces was a treat

Bill Cox

Reaction score
Once found an expensive quiver bag, no rods but it had an umbrella and several really tarty adjustable banksticks in it. :D

preston96

Reaction score
got my self a genuine thermos flask on the banks of the aire thar had settled in the bankside debris from a falling flood- well happy!

SNAP!........i recently aquired a great little Stainless Steel that someone left behind after a fishing trip, he will have to open the famed wallet to replace it!..........i hope he has a few painkillers left :wh