What winter boots are best....?

captain carrott

Reaction score
yeah but aint got your money.........................:)

neither have i that's why i bought me lomers from a shop that was closing down 10 years ago for 60 quid.

in fact i've just read the spec on those and they're very similar in design to my lomers, nubuk tops, vibram soles, breathable lining, does the breathable lining work well on them?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Thanks for the amazing response-gives me plenty to look at and I should be able to make a choice from this lot!!

(I normally wear Brasher walking boots in summer but absolutely useless in winter which is hardly suprising -horses for courses I think!)

Thanks again for the excellent info!

CAKEY....the pictue of the boots you show in your post look like a standard walking boot but I'm sure they must have something extra to be warmer than standard walking boots-do they have a special lining or what??
As I am also a walker this style of boot looks to be just the ticket and good to walk the river banks for a few hours......do they do a good job if sitting in one swim for a few hours??

Thanks

Last edited:

Cakey

Reaction score
mine are 5 years old and still like new ..........
as well as fish in them I also walk the dog

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like to use Aigle paracours osi wellingtons. There actually great to walk in and unlike boots never leak unless they've been damaged. There very warm as they are lined with 5mm neoprean. I've tried all kinds of boots but I've yet to come across a pair which are truly waterproof or stay waterproof for very long. The only problem with the Aigles is the price as your looking at between 90 and 120 squid for a pair. Saying that I think they are worth every penny as your feet are worth lookin after.