Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up What winter boots are best....?

About to look at new boots for the winter-tried Moon Boots and others over the years but none really come up to scratch.......(I'm talking really cold weather fishing!!)

Perhaps I am expecting too much as I suppose no boot is actually going to keep one's feet warm.What I want is fairly warm-I'd be happy with that!!

Anyway if anyones has some suggestions regardless of price(I don't mind paying more if they are really effective!)I would be pleased to hear from you...

Thanks

Skeetex field boots are superb ........... I've had mine for years --they're really warm and you can get replacement thermal linings for them should you ever need them ...........
    It's a fine line between genius and madness -- I wish I knew which side of it I'm on !

Derri boots really warm even on the coldest of days £29.99 they were £50.00 at one time

Skeetex boots are very good, but to be honest save for the cold snap last winter I have hardly used mine over the last few years.

Another good option is Elements II boots these have a goretex lining and are good if you do a lot of walking during sessions.

I got Sunridge hot foot boots, they're ok but no good for walking in.

Don't just consider which boots will keep your feet warm in winter, also look at what socks you are wearing.

Some socks cost as much as £30.00p but if you couple them with a really good pair of walking boots, they will keep you really warm, waterproof and breathable, and also are easier to walk in.

MUCKBOOTS

Brilliant boots. I have the Derwent. The Tay are a bit more robust and more insulated.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Skeetex, the green suede ones,with the fleece liners,around £50.

Them muckboots do look very good quality, how comfortable are they for walking in ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast