Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Important - Tonight 10pm More4 TV

The End of the Line

Charles Clover’s excellent film about the decline in sea fish stocks will be screened on More4 TV tonight (Tuesday 20th October at 10pm). If you haven’t seen this film, try and take time to watch it. It makes grim viewing, but it's a powerful weapon in our campaigns to persuade governments to take action to stop the rape of our seas and oceans.
    =========
    I've seen this and can vouch for it - essential viewing!

Thanks for that Geoff, i will watch it.

I will be watching.

Blog Entries

Great minds think alike!¬ Sorry Geoff, I cut across your thread with a similar one
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Angling Trust - if you don't join, nothing will change
    MY POLITICAL BLOG

Watched with horror and annoyance ,greedy low lifes.The owners and facilitators that is not you Geoff!!

Blog Entries

Well - I've been called worse.

Captain Fishfinger and his pals have a lot to answer for and they are still out there doing it right now, 24/7, 365 days a year. I think it's theft of the entire planet's heritage and the UN ought to prosecute them under piracy laws. Except we don't have any piracy laws or an effective global legal system under which to challenge them.

Thats how I see it Geoff,I felt a bit nauseus to be honest ,I cant help thinking we are all doomed in the future doomed I tell ya doomed.I think pollution will probably kill them all and us anyway in the end. Feeling upbeat today!!!

The human race is a virus. Feeding on it's host and growing until it consumes it.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

An excellent, but very disturbing programme highlighting mans greed and how money corrupts the minds of our so called politicians and leaders without any thought to the consequences to the destruction and rape of our seas.

We can all do our bit by buying sustainable caught fish. But should'nt we be questioning our own practices, when you consider the amount of fish pellets used in modern day fishing. I know it might only be a drop in the ocean (no pun intended), but as they said in the programme, It's us, the general public who buy these products that can make a difference.
    Never take life too seriously.
    Nobody gets out alive anyway!

Blog Entries

I can see nothing for it but to stop buying fish altogether - if I want sea fish, I'll catch them myself.
    Farmed fish isn;t an answer - it's fed on fishmeal pellets, which are made by catching sandeels, etc, which would be feeding wild fish if we didn't catch them. And did you know that it takes 8kg of pellet to produce 1kg of farmed fish? What a waste
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Angling Trust - if you don't join, nothing will change
    MY POLITICAL BLOG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast