David Attenboroughs LIFE

slime monster

Reaction score
I have just watched this and was astounded by the antics of spawning flying fish on it ,
they would have sunk the boat had they not moved such was the quantity and weight of eggs they were sticking to it,did anyone else watch this superb program......

Xplorer1

Reaction score
Yes, amazing. And did you see some of the flying fish trapped in the spawn as the palm frond sank?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yep absolutely brilliant, I wish I had HD TV. The shots of the sardines shoaling are astonishing.

Did you see the one with the Dragon thingies? Where they bit a wielderbeast or summut like that, then followed it for three weeks until it died.....amazing!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Watched it, fantastic prog. I was a seaman in the 70's, and remember at night a few 100 miles west of the Canaries seeing flying fish. At night we opened the foredeck hatch to cool down , and all night flying fish landed on the deck, or in through the hatch, sometimes landing on our bunks. We were convinced they were flying towards our foredeck/anchor light.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've watched the rest of the programes up to now but forgot about it tonight. I think it's repeated on Saturday sometime......any one know for sure, time,channel ?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank's for that Grumpy Git !

Brilliant stuff !

Reaction score
I've been stunned by the whole series.....thought the Blue Planet shots couldn't be bettered...I was wrong...it was brilliant even with ordinary D t.v. Were'nt those Sarcastic Whotsit Fish amazing....

Couple this series with "Last Chance to See" and the "End of the Line" programmes and it's both inspiring and devastating..

Heard on the news this morning that we've succeeded in the extinction of a toad in Africa (Tanzania I think) by the simple process of damming it's source of life! (I'm sure that repetative banging sound I hear must be conservationists' heads against the nearest wall)

slime monster

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has had the misfortune to be cast adrift either holding some floating object or in a small life raft in the vicinity of Flying fish when they were looking for somewhere to spawn, not a scenario I would like to be in.

Steve Handley

Reaction score
Anybody who wants to watch it on tv tonight, can view it on BBC4 at 8pm. Well worth watching, especially the awesome pictures of the sailfish attacking their preyfish. The cameraman who was in the water filming them must of had nerves of steel.