River Trent, Trent Lock fishing rights

Keelin

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone tell me who owns the fishing rights to fish the Trent near the wier, i know Long Eaton Vic have the Trent from Cranfleet Lock.
Cheers Keelin

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
i can only say what i know

the riverside frontage that extends from the entrance too the cranfleet canal around the bend under the railway arches and down beyond the wier too the exit point of cranfleet canal is owned wholey by the sailing club who's headquaters/clubhouse is on right of the entrance too the canal ,not the most angler friendly bunch ,theres been a love hate relationship with anglers and those who love nothing more than to zig zag accross the water getting ever closer too each bank causing as much disterbance as possible or simply swooping through swims cutting accross lines ,but then over the years they've had too suffer the indignaty of plucking maggots out of their clothing after being showered with them or had to dodge the odd flying ledger as they cut through swims just as a poor unsuspecting angler casts out ,or have too cut and run too avoid a hail of hallibut pellets in a revengefully volley

TVSC.jpg

the only people allowed too fish there ,are the sailing club members (and they have too pay a extra £40 a season for a special permit ontop of the members club fee's ,i was offered this option as a guest of the club ,but when levas is only £20 odd ,and has better barbel waters ,and drac is £40 odd pound and has miles and miles of quality waters ,the sailing club fee's seem high ,too high ) ,no day ticket's ,no riff raff allowed

i must admit i knew in the past it had been rented out (by a local factory for its workers only & by the local police again members only but its been strictley sailing club members only for around 15-20 years now) . i did actually make some enquiries too the sailing club helped by a friend who is a member about renting the stretch myself ,it took some negoating just too get the clubs secratery too talk ,but when a figure was put forward by them it was extortionate (4 figures) for such a short stretch of only a couple hundred yatds a quarter of which you cant fish .i think they come up with this figure too put me off ...and it worked for now ... :wh i'll be re-negoating again soon ,you'th got too ware them down and even then it has too goto a comitee vote which is no way cirtain ,feelings still run high and the old guard of the clubs board have long memorys and rather snobbishly look down on common anglers. but i'll keep working at it .

the thrumpton side of the weir is run by ashfield anglers & there is one paddock thats still daytickets by the landowner

too the right of the erewash locks for 50 yards is free fishing near the mooring stages which is all concreate steps but the fishing is ok (well so long as the sailors tow a strait line and not zig zagging

opersite this area is the leicester side was at one time run by long eaton olyimpic ac ,i'm looking ito that now too see who runs it now and too contact the farmer .

thats all i know

i hope this helps

Keelin

Reaction score
Thats great, youv'e answered everything, thankyou.
Could you recommend a good water to try for babrel on a day ticket, or is it best to join LEVAS?
Cheers Keelin

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
either levas ,but theres some dayticket waters below the levas section and theres always beeston weir (now they've refurbished the area ,it'll be nice and pretty too fish there.

if you can travel ,theres the barton le fabis stretches (off the 453 northbound) we used too night fish from there .

theres not a lot of d/t water below or above sawley weir ,most is club waters like pride of derby ,levas ,ashfield anglers ,drac ,dcac ,burton mutral .all being between £20-£50

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

you sound local too long eaton area ,you might be intrested in R.E.F we're having another river erewash foundation workparty on the 22nd of nov ,at docholme (Royal Avenue Entrance end) your welcome too pop along and meet us all ,well be fishing afterwards you'll be welcome too join us ,the fishing is free .its a good little river ,thanks too our cleaning it up its getting better all the time .we also have fly tying the last tuesday every month at the red lion sandiacre and regular meetings .

Last edited: