Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Barrie Rickards - Sad news

It's with deep regret that I have to inform you all that Barrie Rickards passed away today.

I have no more details at present but will keep you informed as and when I hear any more.

Colin

BARRIE RICKARDS OBITUARY

That is indeed sad news Colin.
    He was an outstanding angler, the man forgot more than I'll ever know about lure fishing. I love watching him perch fishing on a small river.

Condolences to his family.

Last edited by Rodney Wrestt; 05-11-2009 at 18:35.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Blog Entries

Very sad, Colin. A great loss to angling as well, but my thoughts are with his family and close friends and my condolences go to them all.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Very sad news indeed Colin. Barrie was one of those rare breed, a genuine giant in angling, and I was proud to know him. I'm lost for words, except to say at this moment in time, R.I.P. mate. Always remembered.

Derek.

5. Default

A very sad day for angling.....i met him a couple of times and found him a gent of the old British school.

Pike anglers owe him a lot of respect.

Scott Whatmore Guest

Sad news, my condolances to family and friends.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Gibson View Post
    Very sad news indeed Colin. Barrie was one of those rare breed, a genuine giant in angling, and I was proud to know him. I'm lost for words, except to say at this moment in time, R.I.P. mate. Always remembered.

Derek.
    I can only repeat what Derek has just said.

I first met Barrie in 1963 at the residence of Ray Webb in the early days of the formation of the Northern Specimen Group.

Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The Prince Bishops

Very sad news indeed. I only ever met Barrie on one occasion but he came across as a very nice and likable man, Condolences to Barrie's family and close frinds, I'm sure he had many.

Blog Entries

The great and hugely inspirational Barrie Rickards passed away today. The man responsible for starting me out on the road to being a pike angler.

If ever a sport owed somebody, it is this man. He helped move the species from the hate list of most clubs into our premier sporting fish.

RIP Prof

That is indeed very sad news Chris , a great man in many respects .
    The future has a way of arriving unannounced .

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast