Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Better than words, This is why many of us prefer fly fishing

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4pOOMpFW_8&feature=related"]YouTube- 2009 Drake Flyfishing Video Awards Winning Clip[/ame]

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Ah "Middle Earth."

See you there next year.

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

And there is more of the most beautiful land on this planet:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHf74BrjauM"]YouTube- Lord of the Rings - Set-Locations in New Zealand (HQ)[/ame]

Thanks very much for them Ron, mouth watering stuff with good fishing.

Now then, do I have any relatives over there?

Blog Entries

Could have done the same thing with a stickfloat and bait Ron. What's your point?

Lovely footage, but the pounding soundtrack was about as appropriate to the contemplative man's recreation as the Hokey-Cokey would be at a royal funeral.
    IMHO, of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The bad one View Post
    Could have done the same thing with a stickfloat and bait Ron. What's your point?

Wilderness fishing, knowing that there is only you for a couple of hundred miles, on a primeval river amidst those magnificent mountains. The nearest I have ever been to this sort of thing is in Tasmania or in the Zambesi Valley.

Every angler owes it to him/herself to experience true wilderness fishing once in his/her life. Those who have done it will know what I am talking about. And you aint going to find it in the UK no matter how hard you try.

Where ever you go in this country, even at night you can hear the sound of a motorway, and with odd exceptions you can't see the stars properly.

It's impossible to hear the sound of a motorway in Dorset! There aren't any. There is traffic noise in the more urban areas.

In mid Wales it's easily possible to get away from all man made noise, and I know it's possible in Dorset.

It's getting away from trout that's my main concern at the moment. I had one trying to take a grayling off the hook yesterday (a big brown trout), then hooked another big one in another swim that I battled for ten minutes in very fast water that finally broke me when it jumped.

Blog Entries

I have been all over the UK and Ireland in my life, even northern Scotland, which is nice, as is the west coast of Ireland.

But these places pale into insignificance when you are confronted by the Namib Desert or the Botswana bush or the magnificent desolation of Western Australia.

The sounds of traffic are always there in Britain which is a great shame.
    Last edited by Ron The Hat Clay; 01-12-2009 at 08:00.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ron The Hat Clay View Post
    Every angler owes it to him/herself to experience true wilderness fishing once in his/her life. Those who have done it will know what I am talking about. And you aint going to find it in the UK no matter how hard you try.
    Been there and done that Ron in Canada, and to be honest I'd rather have not bothered.

Each to their own though personally fishing for Shark, Tuna, Marlin, Bass etc., have never inspired me whereas a lovely quiet day on the Itchen, Test or Hampshire Avon will see me out of bed at the crack of dawn.

The nearest thing to 'wilderness' fishing reasonably locally to me is in Devon and Cornwall. Magnificent little rivers with wild Brown Trout too.

As for getting away from traffic noise; well, that is far easier than you might imagine in parts of Wiltshire and Dorset.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Regarding the first video I agree the soundtrack is enough to make you want to turn it off, which I did.

BUT.................As the general secretary of the M.P.O. (mouse protection organisation) I object very strongly to those ratfish (trout) eating all those meeces, it is time there was a concerted drive to eliminate all ratfish from our native waters. The hand rearing of these imported ratfish that endanger our native species should be banned - forever, they are a worse blight on our waters than signal crayfish and as such all ratfish should be exterminated.

The second video is an album of pictures taken by a walker probably a professional photographer too and set to music, there are some of us on here that can do that as well, it isn't hard to do, but they have no relevance to fishing as far as I could see, not even ratfishing.

Last edited by Graham Whatmore; 01-12-2009 at 08:19.

Blog Entries

Well each to their own and I could say the same about carp!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast