Graham Marsden retirement MEGA Fish-in

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
As there are some famous (and not so famous) anglers attending this prestigious event, and some that even their own mothers wouldn't recognise, I will knock-up name badges for everyone.

The names I use will be those off Wol's list, unless you pm me otherwise. It would be helpful if those hiding under nom-de-plumes would slip the shackles of obscurity for this one event.

And for those of you who don't have nicknames, don't worry, I might just make some up.............

heathbryant45

Reaction score
cool idea, nice one Kev

anybody got a decent size bbq????

Was going to buy a Drum type one from Argos, its 49.99 and i thought if we chip in another quid or so each then its sorted and it can be the FM bbq for other events as and when we have them.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
By the way, are there any fish in this lake or am I going to have to concentrate on partying? Spiders has been suspiciously quiet and searches on Google point to a few decent carp and an equally small number of large bream, but all the posts are at least a couple of years old. What about smaller bream, tench, roach, perch? With 30 of us descending en-mass I can't see the fishing being easy!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Like Sean any trawl of the Internet only comes up with quite old data, so, does anyone have any up to date information about the fishery?

Also, it is said that there is a general store shop on the site, does anyone know what sort of goods this might carry, fresh meat, dairy etc?

heathbryant45

Reaction score
Spoke to owner on Wednesday, he said plenty of Bream coming out between 7-12lb. Carp being caught by the Carp lads.

Feel free to give him a buzz if you want any info. Tell him your on the Fishing Magic Fish-in.

Alan- 01477 533 225

Morespiders

Reaction score
Right then, what Gaunt says is true, my sons mate told him theres carp to 30 been out, plus double figure bream, the bad news is most of the lake has top to bottom canadian, theres virtually no backup silver fish and i have never heard or seen a tench caught, like i said in an earlier post, i once 10-12 years ago found a perch about 4-5lbs dead, ans some of the nearby lakes hold very big perch, nobody fishes for them though

Cakey

Reaction score
by the way are Woody and Jeff coming ?
cant see them on the list ,would like to meet Woody and see Jeff again