Graham Marsden retirement MEGA Fish-in

heathbryant45

Reaction score
BBQ price has gone up. Bread rolls that were 12 quid just cost me £42, ****ing traffic wardens. :rolleyes:

PLEASE no more drop out, got three containers of food to be eaten tomorrow. I guess nellist will finish it all off though.

I'll be arriving around 3ish.

ps, bring ya own food for tonight and whatever beer for the weekend.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
BBQ price has gone up. Bread rolls that were 12 quid just cost me £42, ****ing traffic wardens. :rolleyes:

PLEASE no more drop out, got three containers of food to be eaten tomorrow. I guess nellist will finish it all off though.

There used to be a good chip shop in Holmes Chapel (about two and a half miles down the road) a straight drive from Boundary.....not sure if it's still there

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hope everything is okay Paul, see you at the next one mate, if not before.

We'll be setting of about 4 ish today, see you all there.

I've been told that 'Customs' are tailing Slime up the M5, something to do with alcohol smuggling :confused::D

Safe journey everyone.

Rickrod

Reaction score
All hen and stag dos have been cancelled this weekend due to a booze shortage in Torquay

Last edited:

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
There used to be a good chip shop in Holmes Chapel (about two and a half miles down the road) a straight drive from Boundary.....not sure if it's still there

A good butchers shop as well, almost opposite the first pub off the motorway, the one with the car park at the front, home made pasties and pies, the pork pies are a treat.

Best wishes to all, have a cracker.

The Bone Collector

Reaction score

Don't worry about food going to waste Wol I have arranged for a busload of unfortunates from the Glad Tidings Mission to turn up on Sunday morning.

They will be more than grateful for the merest scrap so don't throw anything away including your brown crumb groundbait.

Hope this helps. :)

BC.

Last edited:

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I have just returned from Boundary Water Park.

I had a fantastic time and i met some really terrific people as well.

I beat my own Personal Best Bream Record which i am also Chuffed about, I caught 3 fish but only measured 1 with the help of Posh Paul (Thank You) my new PB is a whopping 6lb (Yay me). I did have 1 fish that looked and felt bigger but i really didn't want to shout Paul to come round from the other side again :D.

Thank you to everyone i met for making me feel welcome, If there was anyone i missed on the day then i must apologise it was not intentional.

I can't believe though that there are people out there whose heads look like apples (you know who you are)

The Monk

Reaction score
we`ve just got back too, me and Ron, had a fantastic day and met some old friends and some really lovely new ones, lovely to catch up with you guys and lovely to meet the southern contingent Mr Cakey and Wol at long last. What a bludi marvelous BBQ, I really couldnt believe the effort Wol put into this, it really had to be seen and tried to believe, talk about the last supper, unbelievable Wol, really made the do mate. So many really nice people, I`d hate to try and mention everyone and miss someone out. Thank you very much for a really warm welcome and nice to give our fearless leader Graham a big send off, although we do expect him to stay around a bit longer yet.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Unfortunately i didn't manage to take any Photo's at the FM Fish in ............... if any of you kind people have any photo's from the fish in, and you wouldn't mind, could you possibly mail me some (not the original) to stealphviper@sky.com i would be extremely grateful.

Thank you and Kind Regards in advance. :D

dezza

Reaction score
we`ve just got back too, me and Ron, had a fantastic day and met some old friends and some really lovely new ones, lovely to catch up with you guys and lovely to meet the southern contingent Mr Cakey and Wol at long last. What a bludi marvelous BBQ, I really couldnt believe the effort Wol put into this, it really had to be seen and tried to believe, talk about the last supper, unbelievable Wol, really made the do mate. So many really nice people, I`d hate to try and mention everyone and miss someone out. Thank you very much for a really warm welcome and nice to give our fearless leader Graham a big send off, although we do expect him to stay around a bit longer yet.

Hear Hear.

Full marks must go to Wol and his superb braaivleis, err - barbie. It would have done the best of the SA braai chefs proud.

I am sure Wol taught many the secret of a good barbie, and that is quality of meat and not letting it burn to a cinder.

It was nice to meet many whose faces I did not recognise - apologies for that.

Thanks also for The Monk for giving me the free reign of his Manchester home for the weekend, and to Ed for not nicking The Monk's hubcaps.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Just back to sunny Norfolk, weather is lovely, as it was when I left. Bivvy is now on the back garden drying out.

Fantastic BBQ Mr Gaunt, your best yet. Nice to chat to some new people first hand rather than via FM and the internet, and to see old friends again.

I hope you enjoyed your send off Graham.

Well worth the 402 mile round trip.

Pity Corkers did not witness a certain persons induction to a well known group!

Reaction score
Just returned from Boundary Water Park.....

Thank Wol...what for??? That was his penance for the awful behaviour of him, Andy "Trust me I'm a Solicitior" Nellist and some chap from Bristol on the first night. It wasn't the forced entry into the bivvie, the hangover splitting repartee:indeed the realisation that I may as well resume fishing led me to two more bream!!!!

No what really hurt, what really really hurt was that I was sploppy seconds...Wol had already spent many minutes on Spiders bed...playing with the zips on Spidee's sleeping bag..as if!!!

Seriously thanks to Wol not just for the bbq, with his lovely assisitant Cakey, but for all the work he put in organising the event.

I know a full account has been commissioned from an esteemed and much published author...and that we'll all be sending lots of photos in...is there a central repository we should use?

And yes photos do exist of a certain well respected and long serving member going through the initiation rites of a semi-mythical sub-culture within FM...

Uncle Dave....Nurse Cratchitt is appalled at your behaviour...a cold bath, carbolic soap, Ajax and a brillo pad await. You lucky boy!!! Mind you...no KrystonMight Bivvie Bevvie for you for a month now!!

Last edited:

The Monk

Reaction score
Hear Hear.

Full marks must go to Wol and his superb braaivleis, err - barbie. It would have done the best of the SA braai chefs proud.

I am sure Wol taught many the secret of a good barbie, and that is quality of meat and not letting it burn to a cinder.

It was nice to meet many whose faces I did not recognise - apologies for that.

Thanks also for The Monk for giving me the free reign of his Manchester home for the weekend, and to Ed for not nicking The Monk's hubcaps.

yeah Wol is the man, no forgetting Wols attractive assistant Mr Cakey, WELL IMPRESSED, I always said those southern carp anglers were lovely guys.

Hey I`ve just counted me hubcaps and I`ve got one missing? Ed, Ed !!!!!

Just found about 6 kgs of groundbait in me cowel, I guess I must have stood behind Bristol Steve for too long while he was baiting up, lol

Last edited:

Cakey

Reaction score
I arrived at home at 12noon after a 600 mile trip and would like to say thanks to everyone for taking Keona ,my Wife Sandra, Buddy and myself to heart , we was made to feel welcome by all .
Great to meet the Monk after 10 years of chatting to him on here
really good to meet Corkey who dont really talk sh!t
Slimey whats that all about ?
and it was really really great to see the rest of you new and old faces even Wol

Bluenose

Reaction score
Yes, we had a brilliant night last night, it was great to finally meet up with a few people. Well done to Steph on his pb and to Jim for continuing to catch fish later in the evening while all those around were, well you know..

Special mention must go to Woz however, he worked his knackers off for hours and the grub was absolutely top drawer, Cheers Woz!

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
To all that have arrived home ----Glad you had a safe journey ..........

Had an excellent time --

Slimey is nuts !!!! I must apologise to him though -- I thought he'd had an accident with his bowels (so did he) --but he'd pitched his bivvie over the septic tank sewage pipe .... the stench was terrible !!

Wol's BBQ lived up to it's legendary reputation

Good to meet some old faces again --and great to meet all the 'new' ones too !!

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
400+ miles, maybe a beep or two from the alarm, no fish but well worth the trip to honour the "old man" and creator of FM.

Good to meet new and old, particularly when hailed from a passing car cruising down the track otherwise known as "dogging lane" only to be faced with Ron and The Monk (God, there must be some cracking photos to publish!).

Corkers finally made an appearance but he did look a tad worried as all four moderators headed to "greet" him!

A finer bunch of characters you could not find!

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Slimey is nuts !!!! I must apologise to him though -- I thought he'd had an accident with his bowels (so did he) --but he'd pitched his bivvie over the septic tank sewage pipe .... the stench was terrible !!

After hours of Packing up and moving to a strategic position so he could get bladdered at the BBQ he pitched his tent against a Fence with Wol's Pimp Mobile on 1 side, and he parked his own car in front of his tent for maximum protection, and he goes and pitches it on top of a septic pipe ...................... priceless (i nearly choked laughing)

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Corkers finally made an appearance but he did look a tad worried as all four moderators headed to "greet" him!

Yup, it was worth the 400 mile round-trip just for that alone . . . . . .

Everything is now dried out and put away until the next time.

Wol and the Kitchen Btch, great BBQ, thank you.

Cakey, you never said 'goodbye' but I won't hold it against you - Wol will get jealous if I do.

Graham, I know you enjoyed the weekend, and the fish and chips was a great idea. Thank you for the weekend and for all of your endeavours over the years. See you and Ed in October I hope.

To everyone else, thanks for a super weekend, the craiaq and the laughter were worth the journey alone.

Nick, it was great to meet you after all these years, and the little chap you brought with you . . . . .

I hope you all got home safely, I managed the 200 miles in just over 3 hours, not bad going really.