If you could only have one rod and reel what would they be?

Rickrod

Reaction score
I just can't make up my mind on this.......im trying

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My Normark Avenger and my Abu 501.....poetry in motion.

Rasmus Keis

Reaction score
Only one rod....:eek:

I could never part with my 9 foot Fenwick HMG AV spinning rod, but my 6 weight CTS fly rod would surely be missed.

If I could only have one reel, I would probably buy something nicer than my current ones (except the fly reel - Vision XLA)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Alan,

No I haven't got the extension, it's a 3 piece 13ft, never been used, I got it for £150, a month after all my gear got nicked, the following week i picked up an Allcocks match for £75 off the same guy, as mine had also been nicked.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I would like to say I would choose my ancient Hardy Carbon Match and the matching wide drum Speedia - but these wouldn't work on bigger fish. So in the death I'd instead go for an avon rod with a shimano baitrunner. Not as much fun as the lighter rod/reel but it does open the options to catching a bigger range of species.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Perish the thought Alan! My Fox rod is about 12 years old and was one of the original Fox barbel rods, made at a time when barbel rods were either 1.25lb or 1.5lb TC.

15lb line where do you think I'm fishing - the Thames?

A

alan whittington

Perish the thought Alan! My Fox rod is about 12 years old and was one of the original Fox barbel rods, made at a time when barbel rods were either 1.25lb or 1.5lb TC.

15lb line where do you think I'm fishing - the Thames?
LOL,Sean the way the Thames has fished this year line is unnessasary,as are hooks rods and reels,all you need is a chair and a bl oo dy great flask,thats my tip anyhow,does wonders for your bad back.:D
Nicer rods to fish with mate i must say.

Shine

Reaction score
Not very old but last year I loved using this rod and reel...

Free Spirit 2 & 1/4 tc rod. Beautiful dark blue colour and a XTE A Shimano 5000