Wind Changes?

J

john conway

The easterly wind last nigh was blowing hard down the river but at about 21:00 to 21:30hrs it stopped and the river went mirror calm for about one hour then slowly picked up again back to blowing like hell down the river. This morning I’ve just checked the tides and the lull occurred bang on low tide, where I fish is only about 6 to 7 miles from Morecambe Bay. Has anyone else noticed this phenomena?

J

John Pleasance

Shouldn't really affect it at all,with the wind being created by the difference in atmospheric pressure from one area to another.

I've noticed the difference in winds when it's alternatively cloudy and clear, it almost seems at these times as if the wind is greater by being funnelled under the clouds.

F

Fred Bonney

John P,I can confirm that when I 'worked' for a living I used to get a freebee day out on a racing yacht in the channel and the occasional cloud on a hot bright day certainly whipped up the wind and made the trip to, or from the pub on the Isle of Wight a hell of a lot quicker.
Sorry,John C,I can't answer your point,living as far away from any tidal stretch of water as I do,I couldn't tell,if the tide was in or out!! ;o)

S

steve flook

John C
take a good look at the aforementioned website WWW.Moonstrike.co.uk, it offers a lot of information concerning moontimes, winds and tides amongst other things. Ive found it and the owner, Chris Lyons to be very helpful.