what are you fishing for this weekend?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
If you are anything like me, chub would be the main target, or you may try for the grayling , or big roach and perch. Tell me I'm a nosey b*******?

preston96

Reaction score
It's been tuff lately........i have succumbed to big perch, nothing shameful in that, untill i tell you they live in a commercial.

Please dont say anything!

Stick_Float

Reaction score
I'll be down on the Colne tomorrow after the chub Simon, take the float rod and quivertip rod and see if I can extract anything.

The barbel seem to be a distant memory at the moment!

jcp01

Reaction score
I'm going out in an hour, Wark's Avon. Will trot for roach in one swim till early evening then go catch some dace till after dark, then I think I'm going to fish into the night for a big chub on huge lumps of meat.

peter crabtree

Reaction score
I am just leaving for the Colne, maybe find Stickfloat Chris down there. Big chub are the target , a few 7's have been out just lately.....

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Chub

The chub have been showing well recently and generally I think these are the best species to go for in the current conditions. There is only a few weeks left for rivers and chub often come good this time of year; especially the first couple of weeks in March. I caught 4 last weekend and one of them was a good fish for the river and I only fished for 2.5-3 hours. There are plenty of roach there but, not even a roach twitch on bread so chub are probably still the best choice.That was in Rye on the east coast. Probably give that swim another go this weekend but, see what the conditions do.

peter crabtree

Reaction score
Quite a few fishing on the Colne today, all the chub fliers were taken, but none of them caught. son of meldrew and I fished well upstream and had a chub apiece. Mine on flake and liquy 3lb 4, his on maggot4lb 12..........

Hiya slime........

preston96

Reaction score
I have changed my mind.....i often do that at this time of year!

just got the rods ready for Z's tomorrow.

BarryC

Reaction score
Went for Roach today.
No rivers here in Cornwall but some lovely old mature farm pools, thats where I went.
Had about ten fish between 12oz. and 1lb. plus one corker at around 1.25lb. biggest ive had from the venue. Add to this another dozen or so little uns perch, roach and rudd and I am well pleased with my day.

Bl**dy cold though!

jcp01

Reaction score
Don't forget guys, that t'other half is angling this weekend too - for compliments!

Don't forget the Valentines Day card, whatever you do. It's worth its weight a thousand times over in tackle allowance..!

David Gallagher 4

Reaction score
Got the flowers in a bucket in the garage! Went down the Stour (Dorset) for a few hours last night after work. River was very low and very clear ( Visibility about two feet, almost Avon standard) Tried the usual baits and had one good chub on the old reliable (danish blue/cheddar mix) in a shallow swim. Clouded over about eight and got warmer.