FISHINGmagic

S

Stewart Bloor

For a long time now I've had 'pay as you use' access to the Net, so haven't really strayed much across the web. However, recently I've gotten on to unlimited access (well, at least evenings and weekends).
The point I'm coming to is that I've now visited a whole load of different sites and viewed a lot of Forums. There are some great Forums around, including this one here at FM. However, there are also some that are unbelievable. The language, abuse and slander is out of this world.
I just wanted to say that a good job is being done here on FM, the discussion is healthy, the points raised are often thought provoking and the banter is all in the right taste.
Well done Graham as editor and to all who sail in her...well, at least contribute anyway...

PS Graham, can I NOW have that ?20 you owe me...pretty please...

J

John Toohey

Noticed you have posted on A N stewart.hoped you liked it.

S

Stewart Bloor

Yes, it wasn't one of the 'bad' ones I was referring to...I've posted twice on there...first time someone thought I was an Alton Towers bear...then this time I get followed on by Paul Williams...don't know which is worse really....

C

Carp Angler

Oh sweet memories.
Thanks for the reminder Sedge, I'd forgotton the bear story............

C

Carp Angler

The problem with most forums and BBS's on the net is that they go in cycles.
What I mean by that is the depth and quality of discussion goes in cycles.
One particular board can have a very riveting couple of weeks, whereas at any point it can also go thru quite a lean spell.
I am or was a member of most discussion boards on the net and have found that most are worth a revisit at some point, except 2 which wild horses etc etc, due to the self oppinionated rubbish that they spout.
Both of these are carp sites and, I've just realised, both have a northern bias.

B

BUDGIE BURGESS

This site has become so good that I am seriously considering getting my "angling news" from it and knocking in to touch the weeklies I have brought all my fishing life. As for articles, well I feel that there is a lot of good stuff on the web but I suppose I will carry on buying the Monthlies. Well Coarse Fisherman anyway.(rapidly becoming bored with Pike and Predators).

C

Chris Bishop

I think the angling media is probably the worst it's ever been, unless you like pole fishing for 2lb carp.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I also think that FISHINGmagic is the best fishing site in the whole wide world. The editor is an amazing angler and writer and he's not in the least biased or immodest.

Wait for it...........

P

Philip Inzani

Cough!!!!!

Seriously I think its a great concept and yes I agree with Sedge that the FM site is right up at the top of the pile.

A

Alan Roe

Rumour has it that the last time our esteemed editor was sent out for 5lb of spuds he forgot to take a bag with him.He was moaning about this in the shop when the shopkeeper said " Don't worry mate just use yer Hat"!!!!
Cheers
Alan

M

Malcolm Bason

I too, have looked at other forums and I only contribute etc to 2 others. I agree with other posters this one has to be top of the pile. Humour has to play a part in all aspects of our lives no less so with angling and on FishingMagic this does not go 'over the top' as with some other forums. I like a laugh and a wind up same as anyone else. But some of the threads I've looked at on others forums do go over the top. The only rubblish ones on here are the ones i post ........

A

Alan Roe

Sorry Graham but it had to be done!!Seriously this is a superb site and one that has thankfully been free of the invective that has plagued some of the other sites.
Though I am glad to see that one of the barbel sites that has been plauged by the mindless brigade is making some sweeping changes which will hopefully sort out the problems they have had.
The thing I do like about this site is that we can have some very strong exchanges of opinion on important issues like licences and the close season with all members maintaining considerable decorum under fire.
For this alone all members of this site should give themselves a major pat on the back.
Cheers
Alan

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks all, especially Alan. When we had the FISHINGmagic caps made we had four sizes: small, medium, large, and Marsden.

A

Alan Cooper

This is the only site I post to. I've looked at some of the others and I can't say that I like them much. Some of them do seem to be full of invective and I just can't see the point of that at all. I really enjoy reading the views of the contributors to this site.

K

Kevin Parcell

Stewart definitely have to agree with you.As far as I am concerned the best fishing site going,Well Done Fishingmagic keep it up

R

Ron Clay

I too have looked at other site and quite frankly none of them are as good as FM. Keep it up Graham (grovel grovel)

P

peter webber

This is the first site that I have found that you can use and ask any thing with out fear of being made a fool out of. There is only one other bb that I use but I allways come in here first when turning on the computer and it's allways the last stop before I turn it off again.
Great site
Great for news, articles etc
Great people
As for graham: what can I say??? ( i don't want to say too much or he will be billing me for the new double doors he will need to bye) :))
Weldone to all who help with the site and long may she sail...
PETE.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks Pete and all, we appreciate the comments - even the one about the double doors!

N

Neil Wayte

Yes FishingMagic is good and I enjoy the forum.It's got a good spread of anglers most of which have a sense of humour which helps.
Being the cheeky sod that I am I'll mention rmcangling.co.uk which also has an excellent forum in which loads of good info is passed on about the various venues.
The news is upto date and worth while,it must be cos Graham keeps nicking it for you guys to read.
If you get chance have a glance at the site and I hope you enjoy it.Oh and our juniors having a swabble is always worth a read to.
Rivercarper RMC Moderator and cheeky sod.

N

Neil Wayte

Sorry that should say squabble in the post above.
Nice picture of MR ROE in the mail this week.