Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is it genuine, or another set-up?

Paul Williams Guest

Thats not a fish, it's Sedge!!!!!! i've told you he get's everywhere !!!

BUDGIE BURGESS Guest

Due to the fact that any day now I am going to become two-tone my memory aint so good!However I seem to remember an old tele documentry called"The Lagoon"? or some thing similar.It was a nature programme about a freshwater lake right by the sea.It showed a small Pike feeding.The Pike took a stickleback but could not swallow it because it put its spines up.This picture looks very similar.After a while the Pike opened its mouth and the stickle back swam away.

BUDGIE BURGESS Guest

In fact after looking at the photo again I am prety certain this is where it came from.The Pike is quite clearly small.Look at the fins,eye size and shape of the mouth.

Stewart Bloor Guest

I think the picture is symbolism. The big fish is Rik and the little one is Paul. They are seen through the eyes of Sedge and the caption reads 'Come out you coward, and fight like a man...'

BUDGIE BURGESS Guest

LOL!

The pike is definitely a mere stripling, a pickerel. Perhaps it hasn't learned yet that it has to swallow its prey before it can swim out again.

Paul Williams Guest

Sedge, Confusious say "beware the little foe, they go in low........

I'll drink to that, if somebody will buy me one.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

Having kept tropical fish --- could it be an Egyptian Mouth Brooder and not a pike ???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast