Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have to agree. There is no way that a direct ban on angling would be accepted but the insidious introduction of rules that impinge on the angler and that alienate us from the non-angling public will be used over a period of time until we are seen as in the same light as scarlet coated hunters.

But we've got a year or two left so enjoy it whilst you can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the indifferent crucian View Post
    Look, I'm not really a political animal, but I'm old enough to have seen stuff happen that folk said never would !
    Point taken. It is quite a scary scenario and perhaps one the ATr should take notice of because it's bound to be dropped in their lap at sometime in the future.
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

If any government ever banned or changed the way we fish now, I would just carry on fishing as i do now.

I have always said joining the EU was the worst thing we ever did, not that we got to vote for it.

Sod Them, I will not be told by sum jumped up Little Sh*t, how I can, when and where to fish.

Blog Entries

Actually Ray - we WERE asked, in a referendum no less. But, as Dave Steuart pointed out to me recently, that was a vote to join the 6 most powerful European trading nations so the UK could benefit, not to join a hodge-podge myriad mix of weakling states that we would end up having to support.
    I originally voted to join Europe but I probably wouldn't do so today.

And, when you think about it, the Government has already changed the way we fish, by introducing laws that reflect the changing times. We no longer use gaffs or gags or tailers or little keepnets nor move fish etc etc.
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

Geoff,
    We didn't get a vote regarding the Eu as it is, thats my point, all those who voted to join Europe were lied to, nothing new there then is there.

As for the changes you say about, you know full well that I mean I will never be told I can't fish, I don't give a Sh*t if it come from the Queen or anybody else.

The EU and any other body can stick their rules regarding trying to stop us from fishing, right where the SUN DON'T SHINE

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Daywalker Clarke View Post
    The EU and any other body can stick their rules regarding trying to stop us from fishing, right where the SUN DON'T SHINE
    That will be Stoke on trent then HA HA HA

Default phew - Swiss reject animal lawyers

Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The Prince Bishops

I didn't bother to read the article (I heard most of it on Radio5 yesterday) but the bottom line is;
    VOTE 'GREEN' AT YOUR PERIL!

See their animal rights policies here

Policies for a Sustainable Society - Animal Rights

http://policy.greenparty.org.uk/rops/ropsar.pdf

try the above link.

the green party faces in both directions. this is well worth a read for a better informed view...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast