foot and mouth

R

Rob Dearnley

why have the goverment totally over reacted on the foot and mouth?
you cant fish,play footie,walk or shite anywhere now!
its coming upto spring and people dont want to be stuck in the house,the divorce rate will treble!
where i live,you cant play footie anymore cos all the pitches are on farmland,yet you can walk up the road which has 2 farms either side of the road.its totally ludicrous!
the disease has already spread.it spreads in the wind for christ sake!.pigeons,birds and basically anything can spread the disease.i dont think disinfecting roads and farms will make any difference whatsoever.the bloody wind will still carry it!
tony blair should stay in doors,its him spreading shit about!!!!

C

Carp Angler

Do I sense a little bit of frustration?

I think this has been discussed 'til the cows come home (excuse the poor pun) on other threads.
Although I don't think anyone has resorted to expletives.

Complain to your local MP, speak to your local paper, ask the questions...

Why, when there has been a vaccine available since 1940, wasn't one used?

Why have all the local abetoirs been subjected to Brussels rulings forcing them to shut and causing the massive, needless movement of livestock?

Why are certain farms still allowed to move livestock around the country?

Why are meat suppliers importing produce in from Southern Europe and the Far East?

Get some answers from these people and maybe it will lead you to make more informed choices in the future.

R

Rob Dearnley

correct mate there has been a vaccine since the second world war,but guess what.instead of using the vaccines available,the farmers wait till the animal has got it and then all they do is shoot the animal!the farmers should be shot!
ive no sympathy for farmers whatsoever,its there fault!
also im sick of them complaining that there poor.what a load of rubbish.farmers have got more bloody money than they no wot to do with!thats why he drives a shogun his wife drives a shogun and his 4 kids drive shoguns.they sound realy poor dont they!

P

Paul Williams

Rob, to be honest i think you are talking about the lord of the manor with all those Shoguns, think of the small timer who rents from this guy and trys to make a living, you don't top yourself when lifes rosy!!!!
But that said the rest of the situation is becoming comical....off duty police officers walking on closed land, and refusing to leave!!! dog owners doing the same and then stating it's fine because their dogs only eat organic food!!! walkers trekking miles down rivers but anglers banned etc etc etc!!
I am going fishing!! i am going to find a decent stillwater that is open and i'm going to do my thing.....i will act responsibly in as much as i will keep away from farmland but fish i will.

M

Malcolm Bason

Paul - QUOTE: "I am going fishing!! i am going to find a decent stillwater that is open and i'm going to do my thing.....i will act responsibly in as much as i will keep away from farmland but fish i will." -

Thats exactly what I have done! I have just come back from Bluebell lakes - I tried the 'Kingfisher' lake - i caught the big one - 51lbs - then guess what? I WOKE UP! ha ha ha ha - Actually I blanked! It was pretty busy, but nobody seemed to be catching!

C

Carp Angler

Ha ha ha,
Nice one Peggy.
I told you that common is mine.
Any info on the place?
Mail me about it.

P

Paul Williams

Pegleg the blanker eh!! just wait untill a couple of decent anglers get up there, we'll show you "locals" the craic!!!!

C

Carp Angler

Paul said "just wait untill a couple of decent anglers get up there"

I thought I was going with you?
Tell me who I'm supposed to take then!!

P

Paul Williams

MY names on that common, i have a cunning plan!! and i might go up and do a recce!!!

M

Malcolm Bason

Sorry Rob - it certainly seems they have over reacted on the foot and mouth? But, I'm sure such stringent measures are necessary! We are all frustrated mate! Trouble is, some people are ignoring the bans on sensitive areas - some walkers (not all), but plenty of golfers and such like. I don't know about the divorce rate trebling though - more of us chaps will be staying at home quietly getting all those jobs done that have been building up AND SHE KEEPS NAGGING ME TO DO! I heard that one of the fisheries i use is open that the access to in ONLY across cattlegrazing land! now where's the sense in that! I can't believe it - if its indeed true - the dairy cattle actually walk right behind the anglers as they go off for milking.
I agree with you re: "spreads in the wind" So some of the measure do seem a bit pointless, don't they? As a side issue - I understand the Queen Mother was disinfected today - now there's a story LOL

M

Malcolm Bason

Sorry Paul I'm beating you to it - doing 3 days/nights next week, and I'm taking me wetsuit and scuba gear and I'm gonna find him and I'm going to watch his every move then I'm putting MY Name on him ha ha ha ha ha - he's mine - YEAH BABY Mine!!!!! he he he he he

Actually, its a very spooky place and I would go there if I were you, its horrid - this horrible green thingy come out of the water and sniffs around for non-locals and gobbles them up!!!!! Wwooooooooooo!!!!!!

P

Paul Williams

No problem then, we are used to horrible green things imerging from the depths.......it's only Sedge after his latest falling in!!!!!! you really up there next week? i'm torn between giving it a go, or a West Midland water that has no real biggies but i should get my string pulled a couple of times, with the chance of a 20.

M

Malcolm Bason

No - I'm not really going there next week - just trying to get one over you and carp - and failing miserably!!! I tell you what I can just picture Sedge doing that too! LOL When's he back?

Which West Mids fishery will you be going to then? How's it go - some decent anglers will come over and show you local's how its done?????/ ha ha ha ha

S

Steve Baker

500,000 sheep may now be killed, as they may or may not have f and m.

What is going on? if they had f&m then i could accept it sort of, but with no tests.

C

Carp Angler

It seems to contradict what they are doing about allowing animal movements.

What about the horsey set, moaning when the trainers pull some horses out of meetings?

It all seems beyond me......

M

Malcolm Bason

Its beyond me too carp - any many others too I suspect! Nick Brown keeps saying he has it under control, and whilst I would like to believe him, the movement of cattle around the country to authorised slaughter houses and so on, appears to be the prime cause for it spreading?

W

william kirkwood

with all the sheep being put down I cant get any sleep

P

Paul Williams

William,
You will have to start counting repeat threads!!!
On a serious note, my sympathy with the farming industry is begining to wear thin, mountains of dead animals left outdoors,left to the mercy scavengers that disapear into the night.....lakes on golf courses shut to anglers whilst golfers walk around them......horses being exercised......live animal movement.....but we know nothing do we?

S

Steve Baker

How long before the wild animals are blamed for the continued spread and destroyed?